Chapter Seventy-Seven

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

ISSA

Although we were allotted one day to rest before the memorial service, I was dragging along. I needed like a month to recover. As soon as we returned to the suite after getting freeze shakes, I kicked off my sneakers and plopped myself on the couch. I needed to chill and catch up on my holographic shows.

"Hey, we should go dress shopping for the party," Lake suggested.

"Alright," Aya said.

"I think I'm just going to stay here," I said resting my head against one of the couch cushions.

"Are you sure? Don't you want a dress?" Lake asked.

"I have an idea," I said. "The tux and dress store are at the same place, right?" I asked.

Lake nodded. "I think so, why?"

"Take Ace with you, I can see the dresses through him, it's our power," I said quietly not to be insensitive to Rayne.

They agreed. I wasn't a huge shopping person, so I knew I wouldn't be missing out on much anyway. The party sounded fun and that's why I was going. Not to show off some designer dress that most of the population couldn't afford.

Once everyone was gone, I grabbed the remote and put my feet up on the coffee table. I turned on the television monitor and chose holographics. My favorite show was called "The Ditch". It was about a crummy boarding school run by evil robots. I got through an episode when I could feel Ace inside my mind.

I allowed him access. That's how it worked. We couldn't see what each other was doing, unless we allowed it.

Now, I could see everything he was seeing. The store was a five-story galleria with at least three floors dedicated to dresses and ball gowns. It was amazing. The top two floors appeared to be menswear.

"Can you see if there are any in purple," I said into my communicator device.

We couldn't communicate telepathically, but that was okay. I watched as Ace and Soren traveled up the escalator to the third floor. That's where the darker colors seemed to be.

"Okay, what kind of style would you like?" He asked into the communicator.

"Something not too long or poofy," I said.

"That helps a lot," he said sarcastically.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a dress I liked. It was sandwiched between a dark blue cocktail dress and a green ball gown.

"That one, in the corner," I said. "Between the blue and green dresses."

It took him a second to locate it, but once he found it, he pulled it out, so I could get a better look. It was a slender dress with a hem that would end just before the ankles. It was exactly what I had been looking for.

"What's the price?" I asked.

"Seven-hundred scuisia dollars," he replied.

"It doesn't matter," Soren pointed out. "Serina said they would pay for all our clothes."

"Then that's the one I want," I said.