Chapter 10: Friends?

I do not own Tangled the Series, the characters, or the picture. Thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________

Adira had told Hector to keep his mouth shut about Varian. The king couldn't know that they were related, or things would not go over well. The two warriors and the Captain (now freed) reentered the throne room. 

"What happened?" King Fredrick demanded. 

"Two prisoners got away through the tunnels. Don't worry, I'll send a full troupe to stop them." 

A lieutenant entered the room a bit breathlessly, "Sir," the man began, staring at the Captain waiting for permission. 

Instead the king intervened, "What's your report?" 

"Your Majesty, we have managed to contain the prisoners to the castle, but a few did get away."

"We'll track them down." The Captain straightened his back, "We already have a perimeter around the border. They won't get far." 

"No offense, 'friend,'" Hector said mockingly, "But you probably shouldn't be the one giving orders here if you couldn't stop those two prisoners. You're supposed to be the best of the best, and if you can't even contain prisoners yourself, how are you going to command all the guards in Corona to do better than you?" 

The Captain was very obviously infuriated, "You dare respect my honor?!"

The king interrupted, "Who are you?" 

Rapunzel, realizing the situation was getting out of hand, stepped forward, "Dad, this is Adira and that's Hector."

"And you trust them?"

The princess chose her words wisely, "Yes, I trust Adira, and if she trusts Hector, than I do too."

"Your Highness," Adira's smooth voice sung in the king's ear, "I bring valuable information to you, regarding your daughter, the Sundrop, and the Moonstone. I understand now is not the time to speak of these things, but allow me to explain when the proper time does come."

The king nodded. "Liutenant, do you know which prisoners are still missing?" 

"The Stabington twins, Lady Caine, and a few others." 

There was a great pause, but the queen spoke up, "What of Quirin's boy?" 

At this both Adira and Hector held their breath. 

"We are still looking for him." 

"Don't bother," The Captain growled, "He and the Saporian already escaped using the underground tunnels. As I said before, the situation is being handled, I will send out a full search party. There are already guards watching over the boy's house, and undoubtedly that's where he is headed." 

"Dad, please let me go!" Rapunzel begged her father. 

Without even considering her plea seriously, King Fredrick swiped his hand as if pushing the thought away, "Absolutely not!" 

"I HAVE to though! Dad, I might be able to help him."

"With all do respect," Nigel clasped his shaking hands together, hiding his nerves, "I think your father is right. The boy will not listen to you. In fact, he still resents you." The adviser lied. "He blames you for his imprisonment."

"What?" Rapunzel's eyes started watering as her voiced cracked. 

"How would you know?" Hector glared at Nigel from across the room.