Chapter 41: An Eye for an Eye

It was dawn. The sun creepily rose above the hills and into sight, littering the world with warm, vomit-colored light. Something about the morning was repulsive, horrific, and terribly wrong. Not a single soul in all of Corona knew what to expect. They hadn't an idea that an ungodly crime had been committed. A sin so deep and monumental, the world would surely never recover. 

But in fairness, the victim had it coming. 

He, himself had cluttered his life with ill deeds. What was once a respectable, well-known individual, was now withered away and a shriveling mess. He had wronged a child, there was no going back against a sin such as this. 

Still, he did not expect his fate to be sealed this night and most certainly not by such a determined, and valiant army of perpetrators. They wore dark robes with silky, midnight hoods. Some concealed knives and other unspeakable weapons, while others proudly showed off their bows and swords. They each wore masks around their faces, hiding their noses and mouths. The ambiguous assassins, were mysterious, devoted, and above all, dangerous. 

No mercy would be shown this night. Not to a slimy adviser of the royal court. 

As the army crept into his bed chambers, their silhouettes seem to smother out the light in the room. Stirring in his slumber, Nigel blinked a few times before returning to the waking world. He leaned over onto his back and stared at the many figures outlining his room.

"What the-" he paused before implementing his fake accent, "What is the meaning of this?" His stern voice could not hide the sheer terror in his eyes. 

One of the hooded figures took a step forward, "We know what you've done."

"What?"

"Silence! You are not at the liberty to speak!" The hooded figure growled. "I ordered everyone to strike at dawn, and so we shall."

"I don't understa-"

"I said SILENCE!" One of the hooded figures swiftly, and expertly - as if they had practiced their nitrite life for this moment - shot an arrow directly above Nigel's ear. So close he could hear it whistling in his nightmares. 

"Harm will come to you, you twisted, sniveling, weasel."

"Child abuser!" Anther piped up. 

Nigel's confusion, in this single moment, was greater than his fear as he asked in a squeaky voice, laced with trepidation, "Who are you?" 

The first figure growled, "I go by WhiteOut, but no one knows my true name, and neither will you. My friend, WolfZero, was the lovely archer who nearly chopped your ear off. I wouldn't antagoinize them, they have a reputation of stealing limbs and keeping them in bottles at their house." 

"It looks like you have plenty enough limbs for me to tear off. Yay!" They bobbed up and down happily, excitement rushing through them. 

Another stepped forward, "I'm The True Trash, you can thank me later for creating the petition to kill you." 

"'Kill' me?" Nigel could hardly believe it. His skin crawled in fear. 

"Yes." Arbenit piped up, "You'd be surprised how many people signed up. It went viral."

"Viral? What does that mean?"

"In other words," Weaponized Toaster - who always seemed to be the logical one - spoke up, "Sophie heard us, approved, and now you're basically a goner."

"Sophie? Who's... What is happening right now?" 

OHCOMEON jumped to their feet and flaunted their weapon around like the swords master they were as Mr Bananarama took out their knives - the Lord knew they had about around a hundred concealed in their cloak. GachaCooki even brought out their own torture weapons, clearly ready to go to town. Misfit Sunflower and PrinceAli13 made sure the door was locked and barricaded the door, making sure the adviser was stuck.