Chapter 13: A Warlock's Message

I do not own Tangled the Series, the characters, or the cover. I own Apollo. Thank you.

Heeeyyyy I drew Varian! I'm also not an artist,so, if you say it's bad, I won't be offended. To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm sharing it. I redrew it like twenty times and still don't think it's great, but here it is anyway. 

I've been dying to write an interaction with Varian and Hector so... This was really fun! 

~SophieRose

________________________________________________________________________________

When the Captain entered the physician's room, a trembling fear gripped at Varian's heart, and it took all of his strength to muster it down. He was not going to give this man the satisfaction of watching him shake. 

Then, something surprised the alchemist. Something he did not see coming. 

A very strange man with a fur and yellow eyes followed the Captain into the room. The second the boy and man's eyes connected, the man's lip twitched as if wanting to smile but still aware of the threat in the room. 

Before anyone could speak, Apollo entered through the other side of the room caring a medical bag. He stopped mid-step, "Oh hello there. I didn't know we had guests." The physician glanced at the yellow-eyed man. This kid sure has the strangest visitors... He thought. "Well I hate to leave at this time, but one of the servants is about to have a baby, so I'm needed elsewhere. I apologize for my sudden departure. Do you need anything before I leave, Varian?" The kind physician turned to his patient. 

The boy who was very conscious of the stranger's presence, shook his head. 

"Alright. I'll be back later today to check on you." 

"I'll be here." The alchemist said softly as Apollo exited the room. 

The Captain placed the inscriptions and paper on Varian's lap, "The king has a job for you."

"What makes you think I'm going to do it?" The boy was quick to respond. 

Looking as though he was about to smack the kid, the Captain continued, "As I was saying, he wants you to translate these inscriptions. I trust you know what will happen if you don't."

A mischievous look light up the boy's face, he glanced at the stranger and then back at the Captain. "Enlighten me." He tilted his head slightly, allowing an innocent and utterly adorable expression to appear. 

The Captain's blood boiled with rage, "I'm not having this conversation." He turned to leave. 

"How am I supposed to do this when I'm handcuffed to the bed, Oh Great One?" 

"FIGURE IT OUT!" The Captain shouted way louder than he wanted to. Slamming the door, the man stomped down the hallway. Varian bit his lip trying to hide his grin. It was hilarious to tick off the man. Especially after everything he had done. It wasn't quite the revenge Varian was looking for, but for now, it would do. 

Instantly, Hector fell in love with the kid. 

He was so fierce even when his body was tied up in such a vulnerable position. 

"Who are you?" Varian struggled to grab the papers while his hands were tied. Hector's signature side smile appeared as he sat on the edge of the bed. 

"My name is Hector. I'm not from Corona, obviously."

"I guessed as much." Varian suddenly felt shy. This man genuinely seemed to care for him, and instead of making Varian feel at ease, he became nervous. He had learned how to take care of himself in prison, so he didn't have a problem dealing with men like the Captain (even though deep down he still feared them - he was a child after all.) But he wasn't used to speaking with people this man or the physician. He supposed it was in the physician's nature to be kind to people. He did heal people for a living, but this "Hector" had no reason to be nice. It didn't make sense. This scared him. "So, where are you from?"