Chapter 4- 'Call Me Mum'

They walked into the lounge room and Lydia, Haley, Joeclyn (Thomas thought) and Luke and Scott. "Hey, mum, dad, this is Thomas. The boy's twin who you met a while ago." Teresa says, "the one who's mother died from The Flare." Thomas felt sick in the stomach by what she had said. "Oh- Thomas. Hey, I have heard a lot of nice things about you from Deedee." Joeclyn says, the word Deedee makes Thomas remember that Teresa's real name isn't Teresa. "Really? Thank you, Jocelyn." Thomas said and smiled. "Oh please, call me mum, you are now a part of this family now, we took in Simon and we are taking you in too." Jocelyn smiled as she spoke to him. "Thank you," he said. He doesn't have a mum anymore but now Jocelyn is taking him in. "And, I am so sorry about your mother, Tom." She says and then Thomas' mood changed instantly. "Oh, I am sorry, Tom." She added once she realised. "It- it's okay..." He doesn't remember his mother but he does know that she did love him. At least he thought she would've. "Once we found Simon he spoke about you more then anything else, he still remembers you, and he said that since twins have a special connection- he felt how you felt and thought what you thought, he was scared to life thy he had lost you forever but, now he knows your alive and excited but also nervous to see you." This was Gally talking now, "so- all those years I was gone, he knew how I felt?" Thomas knew twins have a connection but didn't know Simon and him had a special connection that he could feel what he felt.
"And, you know when you were in The Scorch? Teresa told me. And she threw the spear in your face? Well Simon felt that. Everyone thought he was crazy but he wasn't. He cried when he felt the bad pains- every single time you got hurt." Gally's voice soft like a pillow. "Where is he?" Thomas wanted to she him badly, "he is at the mall, getting stuff for the party tonight." Gally had a smile now. "Speaking about the party, I nee to find what I'm wearing," Thomas said he continued "are all of you going?" Thomas wanted to go with everyone there. "We sure are- Simon will be here at 6:30pm. I would expect you will be here around that time too?" Luke finally spoke. "Yep, good that," Thomas looked at Lydia and smiled. "Uhh?" Luke looked confused. "Oh, dad. That is the Glader slang remember?" Teresa told her dad, "right, let's go and fun our stuff for tonight. We will see you at 6:30pm Thomas." Jocelyn said and stood up, she was taller then Thomas had expected her to be. "Yes, bye. See you all tonight," he then walked to the front door and waited for Teresa and Gally. "Tom, I will see you tonight too, I will text you later." Teresa came and hugged him, "okay, see you soon. Bye Gally!" Thomas shouted and walked out. He heard Gally shout back but it wasn't clear.

He walked home in silence he was now thinking about Minho and what he had to tell him tonight. He knew Minho would be angry and hate him when he told him. But if he told Minho every. Single part he may not hate him.