Chapter 7- What Really Happened To Newt.

I push Minho away and just stare at him,

"M-Minho... I love Teresa. You of all people should know that, why would you-" he cuts me off saying,

"Yeah, I know. But I liked Newt. He was the closest person I was to, and you murdered him." He says, "you know what? For a second thought you could be my Newt. But no. I was wrong. I had to go get ready for the party." He walks off to his house that is only a couple meters away and it is now only Brenda and I.

"Uhh..." She says with a confused face.

"Don't tell anyone, seriously. He is just depressed. He obviously didn't mean it." I say and then I get a flash back to when I shot Newt.

He said 'Please, Tommy. Please' then the gun slipped.

"I didn't kill him..."

"What? Thomas, you did. I saw." She said.

The image of the gun slipping came into my head again, it got his ear.

"No, I didn't. The gun slipped and got his ear. I DIDN'T KILL NEWT!" I shouted and Brenda put her hands on my shoulders. She smiles.

"That means..." She starts but closes her mouth, expecting me to find oh her sentence.

"He is alive... We have to find him!" I say, mostly shouting.

"No- what if he didn't make it thorough the Flat Trans?" She says and I slowly shake my head.

"This any be happening. I didn't kill him, but there is a huge chance he could be dead from who knows what?" I say slowly putting my head down.

"Think Thomas! If he had the Flare, he would be dead now. He would've gone full Crank and die..." She said wrapping her arm around me. But I push her away.

"I didn't kill him. He would be dead by now. THAT IS JUST BLOODY GREAT!" I yell so loud that Minho comes out of his house.

"Thomas?" He says walking over to me.

"I didn't kill him..." I say over and over again.

"Kill who?" He says and then his eyes light up. "You don't kill Newt?" He says.

"No." I say and all the images come together once and for all.

"Thomas, you said you did." Minho says and then Brenda pulls him away. I couldn't make out what she said to him but I know Brenda, she told Minho everything I just said.

"The Flare-" I hear Minho say and he runs to his house.