~CHAPTER 2~ Abuela

Life is full of surprises and worth striving for.

Adelyn POV

After an hour, we FINALLY made it to granny's restaurant. And to my dismay, there was no one, not even a single soul.

" well that's strange, don't you think June? I asked her while frowning.

" Yeah! There is no ketchup in this ketchup holder bottle! This is unbelievable." June replied, being a tad dramatic with a hand up in the air. I gave her the are you serious look and turn my head to find grandma coming in our way.

"Hola mis hermosos ángeles, ha pasado mucho tiempo desde que escuché de mis dos bebés." (hello my beautiful angels, it's been long since I heard from my two babies.) said granny affectionately while hugging me.

"Abuela, ha pasado tanto tiempo, lo siento, no pude visitar, últimamente tengo mucho en mente"(Grandma, it's been so long, I am sorry I couldn't visit, there is a lot on my mind lately) I hugged her back and then a little rascal jumped on us.

" hey no hugs without me!" replied June squishing us like sardines.

Abuela is June's grandmother and became one to me as well since mine died when I was just 2 years old. Abuela's great grandfather was a Spanish hunter and fell in love with an American. And by coincidence, since now, every son-in-law in the family tree, is Spanish and every daughter-in-law happens to be American, so is Abuela. Weird right. She holds a strong Spanish caricature and believes that this tradition should be maintained till the future generation and most importantly to converse in its language itself.

It has been four years since I know the Moreno family and that is how I know the Spanish language and even how to write. But contrary to Abuela, June holds mostly an American figure rather than a Spanish one. Nevertheless a very great and crazy family.

" How are you doing, querida(darling) " replied Abuela with a lot of love in her amber eyes which happens to be the rarest eye color in the world. How lucky is she.. mine is just plain, boring brown.

" On cloud nine Abuela " she replied smiling cheekily.

" oh Abuela, can you just pack the food real quick?" I said while sitting down, June doing the same and sat in front of me.

"why is that, pequeña tigresa? asked a concerned Abuela.

"Yeah, what's the hurry?" questioned June scrunching her eyebrows.

And I turn my head to June, " Should I remind you the mess you made in my room earlier before you scampered off?" I replied, arm crossed.

And that's all it takes for Abuela to latch out on June. As a sign of victory for me, I wiggle an eyebrow at her while a triumphant smile played on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER
MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄

xx MAGIC WITH ME.