~ CHAPTER 3~ LIBRARY

life is a path of challenge where obstacles are meant to be and to be erased.

Adelyn POV

" you little bribona (varmint)! what did you... no ... I don't want to know. How many times to I have to tell you to clean after every mess you do? "shouted a very furious Abuela. " when are you going to grow up and assume your responsibilities. Adelyn won't be always here to clean after you or to have your back!"

" But Abuela, I...I suddenly got sick and my stomach was hurting " faking June. I shook my head. No way Abuela would buy that.

" oh," said Abuela with concern. No. Don't tell me she's going to bite that.

" I didn't know since.."

NO !! Abuela. don't tell me you are going to fall for that.

And she extends her hand "...since when you become an expert in lying " to only twist her ear hard." you could get an award for that"

" Ow !ow! ow! ow! ow! Abuela stop! it hurts! it hurts !... my ears are sensitive!!!"

"I know, y bueno para ti ( and good for you )! " and with that, she left her ear and made a beeline to the kitchen.

" Sometimes I think that my grandma is more like your grandma " whined June rubbing her ear.

" And wipe that smug on your face! it's annoying! FINE, as soon as we go home, I'll clean the mess I did in your room. Happy? "

" Very"

After our dinner, Abuela insisted on taking some Paella home which is a traditional Spanish food and so mouth-melting. I decided to go to the library, my part-time job while June is heading back home. After a solid 30 minutes, I finally arrived. When I open the door I saw Matt peaking his head from the bookshelf.

" Hey, Lil munchkin. What are you doing here? At this hour of the night? Addie, is everything ok? Matt asked putting his hands on my shoulders looking all concerned and alerted. Matt is my friend more like a brother to me with bright blues eyes, a slender body and very cute.

" Ya, chill Matt. I just wanted to drop by" I laughed. " Jesus Christ Matt you sound more and more like my dad"

" And I am sure you would like that." he winked back.

I hit his chest "I didn't insinuate it like that"

And he looked at me with the knowing look.

" and what did you insinuate ?" he smirked.

"Matt stop"

" ok am sorry, my Lil munchkin" he pouted.

" And stop calling me that" I demanded.

"what? it's cute." he defended while frowning and muttered something else.

"what? "

"nothing. Look, I have to go down to the storage a bit. See you later Addie" he waved and went downstairs.

Walking further inside, I let my fingers wander through the books and inhale the scent of the dusty old books. Some people might say it's crazy but actually, I feel calm. Books are my solitude since I was a little girl.

I hardly had any friends but I'm glad June stick by my side

I hardly had any friends but I'm glad June stick by my side. She needs all the happiness in the world. When I started college I had a lot of friends and always there for me, rather who I thought. I had the most amazing friends, at least that's what I thought. And then a simple misunderstanding made everything turn upside down. Even my best friend whom I considered one, rejected me. And that my friend, hurts like a son of a bitch.

Imagine being there for that one person whom you've once considered to be your best friend and watch her turn her back at you when you most needed her. That's the best feeling of pain ever. Worst than a breakup.

But then I met June. She's funny, very, very beautiful when she is not eating. I laughed at that thought. She sometimes acts like a mom to me or sometimes overdramatic. But at least she was here when I needed her, She never let me gave up. June was the shoulder I cried on. The only person I confided to. I don't regret one bit of it. She's gold.

" Mr. Bentley"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 READERS. 🎉🎊

HOPE THIS YEAR IS THE YRAR OF HEALING AND HAPPINESS.😍

ENJOY😄

xxxMAGICWITHME.❤️