~ CHAPTER 4 ~ VOICE

Adelyn POV

" Mr. Bentley ?" my voice resonated in the library.

" Here, my dear Addie" he called out loud.

I followed the old hoarse voice and found dear old, Mr. Bentley with his rimmed glasses behind a newspaper. Mr. Bentley is an old sexagenarian, very grumpy and hot-headed as ever. But a very good adviser in difficult times. It has been four years since I've known Mr. Bentley and Matt. He is sometimes a grandfather figure for me.

"Why hello, my dear, what are you doing here at this hour of the night?" he asked without lifting his eyes from the newspaper.

" oh I just wanna drop by and see how both of you are doing "

"Are you sure?" he inquired, finally looking at me with a quirked eyebrow.

" Yes"

He opened the newspaper a bit more to only turn it around and show me the job section where there are tons and tons of red circles I drew.

" Okay, you caught me" I raised my hands in surrender.

" When were you going to tell me?"

" soon" I fidgeted my fingers together. " I am sorry. I've tried to contact them all but all I got is a denial".

" Well, apology not accepted but I came across one that might help you. Look here " and he pointed to one just in the middle of the newspaper.

How did I miss that?, I thought.

" This SIV Empire is recruiting new employees, why don't you gave it a try?. It also suggests that the salary is negotiable. Sounds perfect to me for you"

" hmm ya, It doesn't sound bad after all..." I said with a hand on my hip "thank you, Mr. Bentley, and I'm sorry "

After a little more persuasion and convincing, Mr. Bentley finally bit the hook. When I arrived home, it was dead silence. I went further inside the house and saw a snoring June through the half-closed door. I walk back into my room and notice that my bed was perfectly done and clean.

She did clean my room. Well seems like miracles do happen.

It is about to be midnight pretty soon as I look at my wall clock.

Should I call them? Let's try.

I picked up my phone and dialed the numbers in the newspaper.

It is now or never Adelyn. You just have to press the dial button.

For mom and dad.

I dialed the number and put my phone near my ear. It kept on ringing and no one is answering.

Maybe they already found someone.

Just when I was about to cut the call,

"Hello?" responded a very hoarse and authoritative voice which has sent a shiver running down my spine.

I gulp hard. This voice sounded so silky yet an undefined mystery and very ....deep. My heart was pounding in my stomach.

" Hello," he sounded more irritated.

" um.. ya .. hello is this SIV Empire?" I squeaked.

" the one and only " he sounds still authoritative, a bit tired. This voice.

No zoning out Adelyn !!!

"Well, I saw an advert in the newspaper that you recruiting. Is this job still available? " I questioned.

"yes, I supposed " he breathed out. He sounded so tired.

" you may come tomorrow at 8 sharp in the morning for the interview."

" Okay thank you, have a great -" And he cut the call.

what a rude ass man. He didn't even bid me goodbye. Whatever.

Great. Now the only thing to do is to have a good night sleep and search for clothes.

Oh, God.

Clothes!!!!

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Here is a small trailer

Hope you all liked it.
Stay connected for more as i promised it will be steamy af.
More romances. More secrets would be unveiled.

♡☆♡☆♡☆

Don't forget to

Comment 😜,

Vote😉❤,

And follow💋❤️.

Oh and stay healthy 😉 😊 ❤️