~ CHAPTER 18 ~ Dinner time

Adelyn POV

Our eye contact quickly broke by an unfamiliar voice. It was one of the maids' name Greta. A beautiful old woman in her early fifties. Mr. Stanislav insisted that she helped me in dressing after I practically begged him not to. Gotta obey the boss the right. Geez, he doesn't take no for an answer. Before going out, he handed me some clothes which I am very thankful for.

My hunch is telling me that something is wrong and when something is off my left eye twitches. Abuela always told me that a twitch from the right eye means that something good will happened and the left side predicts something ominous. Maybe it is not that bad as I think and I'll stop being paranoid. The old woman helped me dressed in a red floral dress along with a pair of white shoes and I tied my hair up, leaving some strands hanging by the side of my face. I like it that way simple and elegant.

Life should be like this, nothing extravagant, just simple and elegant.

Greta and I descended the long wooden stairs to the living room. This house looks like a ticket for thieves. There is a humongous chandelier in the middle of the living, casting its light in the four corners of the room. A large plasma screen TV is plastered to the wall, and next by the side there is a lightning chimney. The sofa looks so comfy and makes me want to bounce on it. For a second, I forgot that money is a waterfall for him. The high ceiling window of the living room leads to a patio with a breathtaking view. My eyes glanced down on the long wooden table in front of me. Those small metallic objects are beside the flower vase made me frown. Why are there bullets here on this table, in his house? A little bit rusty with traces of..... blood on it? I was about to walk forward when someone stepped in front of me.

" Hey Addie, " Said a rectangular smiling Rick. I ain't gonna lie, this man has every feature to melt any women. He got the charms, the look, the gentleman-ish aura vibes off from him naturally. He doesn't have to try it just comes off of him.

I bet even if he dresses like a sack of potatoes he'll still be handsome.

I can already picture my subconscious mind drooling.

" Hey Rick" I smiled at him. Rick is shortened from Alarick, basically like a nickname. Well, after our misadventure together, we sort of got a little bit closer and this is where the name Rick came from.

" Heard you got into an adventure" He smirked down at me and this simple lip curved make me swoon. To me, Rick and Mr. Oddball have the same height. They both loom on me looking like two big giants. He ruffled my hair while asking,

"How are you feeling? "

" A lil' bit better, I am still dizzy though," I told him with a light smile and his eyebrows crease into concerns reflecting the same in his eyes.

"let's go sit on the couch" He offered me while gesturing to the couch. I was about to deny this kind offer from this kind man when suddenly, a strong arm snaked around my waist, pulling me slightly backward into someone's chest and my right hand through directly to that person's pectorals. Damn, I can already state that this person has hit the gym a lot.

As I lift my head, it was Mr. Oddball. Wait for a second, I just had a flash of memory, like a Deja Vue.

I was falling back, my vision was blurred but I didn't hit the ground. A man in a black dress shirt had a strong grip on me. My hands roamed from his strong muscular chest up and slide up to his neck.

"Yo hotty, what's up," I said smirking like an idiot. On a second reflection, this man looks familiar. His eyes were strikingly familiar, nature's crystalline orbs.

I wasn't able to keep my balance and I accidentally spat out " Don't let go of me"

"ni razu "