~ CHAPTER 8~ FIRST DAY

Adelyn POV

Descending the stairs I noticed something very, extremely, notably bizarre. Juniper is cleaning the house.

" where did the sun rise this morning?" I asked advancing to her.

" Nothing, it's just that you were right, I should be more responsible and I can't let you do everything on your own, right? And on top of that, you are working now, so it is different. I'm not working till noon and you have nothing to worry about as I will be cleaning the house when you won't be able to do it. " she said mopping the floor as I stared at her in awe.

Ok, something is very wrong with her.

" June do you have a fever? I can stay if y-"

" Addie, just go, aren't you late?" she said both hands on her hips.

" Y-Yeah"

______________________________________

So here I am standing in front of that immense building, lifting my head looking up. And it happens again. I felt that presence behind me as I bent my head down and look in the blue-ish window reflection. I saw a man fully clothed from head to toe looking at me. none of his skin was showing except his eyes which appears familiar, strangely familiar. I abruptly turn and there was no one, only passing passengers.

I signed as I rub my hands up and down my arms.

Entering the doors of this colossal edifice was another atmosphere that screams professionalism. Everyone is too busy to even look at me. I guess no "hi", "how may I help you ?" "are you new?" "oh, congratulation?"

I signed heavily and went to the elevator.

99th floor here we go.

But then a hand went in the middle of the elevator's door to stop it from closing.

" oh my god I didn't know someone was behind me I would stop the do-" I quickly apologized but then when the doors opened wider made my breath hitched in my throat. My heart is beating a mile.

Glory Stanislav with his piercing eyes staring right through my soul. I just stare at him.

" Miss March can you move a bit so I can come in ?" he said in his deep hoarse voice and my eyes widen in sudden realization.

" Oh yes ..S-Sorry " I apologized, gulping hard.

The elevator made a ding and we were sunk in an uncomfortable silence, I mean especially me. He seems to be absolutely fine.

" Good morning" I greeted him and he nods back.

We stepped out of the elevator and he spoke again while walking to his office,

" Miss March follow me, we have an important meeting to attend, might as well take some notes"

I swiftly put my bag on my desk, took out a pen and a notepad and followed him.

The next one hour has been a tad of talking, mostly the employees. Mr. Stanislav kept on nodding or shaking his head in denial. I can say that the employees are scared of him, mostly his reaction. Whenever he got angry his nose would flare up and his face becomes stringent. I saw how his calm face turns into something dark and frightful. How his emeralds swiveled darker and his pupils dilate into a thin line like a cat.

His acrimonious face is enough to make one shit their pants.

I am currently back in my office which happens to be in front of his office where I can't see him but he can. His window glass is like a blockade where you can't see what's inside but can see everything from the inside. Weird but it is what it is and suddenly I was abruptly cut from my thoughts.

"Hey, newbie welcome to SIV Empire, I am Jack And you are...." he trails on

" Adelyn March " I replied shaking his hand. He smiled at me showing me his cute dimples, not bad for a brown eyes guy with brown hair.

" so you are his personal assistant huh " he states while leaning on my desk.

"ya... W-Well... not technically I am working under his personal assistant and him as well apparently."

"hmm... that's weird he never did that before " he said scrunching his face and rubbing his chin.

Okay, that made me confuse, he never did that before. Strange.

" Well, he is the big boss. Can't defy him right? See you around Adely-

" Just Addie "I included.

" Okay...Addie " and he ruffled my hair before going. It took me an amount of delicate time to this thing done correctly. I signed heavily.

This is going to be a long day.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Hey readers ❤️
Hope you enjoy this chapter.

☆♡☆♡☆

Don't forget to

Comment 😜,

Vote😉❤,

And follow💋❤️.

Stay healthy loves 💘

xxxxMAGICWITHME.