The reunion

High school reunion

High school reunion. I've never really appreciated those things. I've been to this thing five years ago and honestly it lead to things in my life turning for the worst.
Honestly I don't even know why going back.

I wringle out my black jumpsuit and walk into the building I once hated with a passion. I never liked high school. I only enjoyed it when I was with my best friend, at least back when she was a friend.

I head down the halls and find my way to the school gym hall full of old classmates and decorations and booze.
I sniff and smell....marijuana?

Yep, definitely marijuana. Clearly some people haven't changed one bit.

"Harley!" A high pitched voice squeaks from the middle of the dance floor. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Bethany." I put on a fake smile and she makes her way towards me.
She's glowing. Her blonde hair held down in curles. Her smile lightening the room. She's dressed in a cute sundress that reveals her perfectly round pregnant belly.

"Oh my gosh Beth! Look at you! You look so..." Huge. "Good!"

She smiles taking in the gloat. "Oh please Harley. I know, tell me something I don't know." She boasts and I mentally roll my eyes.

See this is why I hated high school. To avoid drama, you always had to be fake. You always had to act kind even to the bitchiest, even when all you wanted to do was rip their throats out.

"So, any kids? Mark and I are actually on our third." She rubs her belly. "After this, I'm getting my tubes tied. No more!" She laughs and I let out a forced laugh.

"Uhm, no, actually. Quite busy with work and all." I admit truthfully.

"Oh, well what a sad life you've got." She remarks and it takes everything in me not to mop the floor with her. "Well, do you at least have some one. Because I don't see anyone with you, nor do I see a ring." She lifts one eyebrow but smirks at the same time.

"Uhm, yes actually. He's working. On a business trip in Singapore." I lie. I'm as single as the day I was born.

"Really?" She gives me an interrogative look.

"Bethany, shouldn't you be making sure that Mark doesn't make another baby with someone better intead of standing here?" I lift one eyebrow and she gasps. She flips her blonde hair and picks up her huge belly and walks away as fast as her pregnant belly can allow her.

The sight makes me snort.

"Hurley Snort." A deep voice of which is all too familiar. I sigh as I roll my eyes in irritation and turn around.