Chapter 8

I waited for Xavier standing on my porch. I sighed shuddering a little at the thought of meeting him.

The last time I talked to him, it didn't really go well. I still don't know where I went wrong to make him behave that way towards me. But seeing it is Xavier we are talking about. He is unpredictable. He does things that are most unexpected at unexpected time.

I asked my mother if I could travel by myself today. But she refused. Not that she didn't want me to. 'Unexpectedly' Xavier called her telling her specially that he would be here to pick me up.

As I said unpredictable he is.

I looked up as I heard a loud noise. Xavier pulled in with a motorbike. He was wearing a black leather jacket with his hair dishevelled.

I stared at him. How can one change their style so much every day? One day he would be dressed as a normal person, the other he'll be all formal. And now, he was dressed like some bad boy. He even had a piercing for God's sake.

"Don't keep on standing there like a statue. Come and hope on." He yelled at me while still sitting on his bike. He put his helmet in front of him waiting for me.

I moved towards him slowly. Staring at the bike. Did he really expect me to sit on this thing? This huge, humongous monster?

I looked at Xavier. He looked at me with a smug expression. He brought the bike on purpose. He thought I was scared of it. He thought I would run away from it.

Only I wasn't afraid of it at all.

I grinned at him huge and wide. The look on his face twisted into a confusion. Oh, how much I love bikes. Sitting on one would be so much fun. I have always loved bikes. The thrill, the fastness. Everything. Having to experience one would be just amazing.

"I love this." I told Xavier looking at him with a shine in my eyes. The look on his face changed from confusion to that of a frown.

"Just climb in." He said after a minute not able to get over the fact that indeed I loved what he brought. Turning his head straight he wore the helmet he was holding in his hand until now.

I hoped into the back of the bike. I sat there with my hands in the air confused as to where to put them. I saw Xavier adjusting his side mirrors so that he could look at me. As soon as my eyes met his, I averted them.

He sighed, "You gonna take forever to wrap them around me?"

I snap my gaze in the mirror to find him still looking at me with his hazel eyes looking through the helmet. I looked back down at my hands before wrapping them slowly around his hard torso.

I cannot explain the feeling that I got. It was mixed. Excitement, warmth. So many things. I even felt my palms sweat.

Why did Xavier had to be so good looking? I cursed under my breath.

He started the bike. He raced along the road speeding it as fast as he could. I found a huge smile spread on my face as I felt the thrill in the pit of my stomach.

"Hold on tight." He yelled above the noise of whooshing air.

He sped the bike even faster making me hold onto him tighter. I could feel his stomach rumble beneath my arms. Was he laughing?

I bent my head a little to look in the mirror to find his eyes twinkle. He loved this. As much as I loved it. This was something which made him happier. As he took turns I could feel the risk we were taking in this high speed. But was I loving it? Definitely.