Chapter 11

"Go away. Please. I didn't do anything." I cried as I tried to push away the two boys who were pulling my hair out because I stepped on their car.

"You should know what happens if you mess with us." One of them said pulling one of my band out so that one side of my hair were let down. I cried as I tried to push them again.

"Hey! Leave her alone." I looked up and noticed Xavier running towards us. His hair were cut short and although he was not that tall he ran with all his might and as fast as he could.

"Reed." I cried out of happiness. I knew I was saved now. He was here now. He'll protect me. Protect me from these boys and anything that may come to hurt me. And I didn't know that. I believed that.

He pushed the boys away from me and made them fall. Then sitting on top of them he punched them one at a time.

The boys tried to punch him back but I was fast and kicked one of them in the shin. Just as Reed had taught me. He groaned in pain before laying down on the ground.

I saw Xavier groan as one of the punches hit him hard across his face. Making his nose bleed. He cursed making me gasp. Then with all his might he punched the guy again and then getting up asked them to leave both of us alone.

Once the two boys had gone. He turned towards me. His nose still bleeding. I pointed it out to him wincing myself to look at him this way. He tried to wipe it away with his sleeve before coming towards me and inspecting me.

"Are you hurt pancake?" There was concern in his voice.

I shook my head at him and hugged him, "You got here just in time."

I was afraid. Afraid of those boys until Xavier showed up. And looking at him I couldn't help but hug him.

He hugged me back before stepping back and going ahead he picked my band up and gave it to me.

"Stop crying already pancake." He said wiping my tears off.

I nodded my head at him trying to wipe my tears off myself but the more I tried the more they came.

I noticed him shaking his head before ruffling my hair, "When will you ever learn to fight for yourself?"

I looked at him with swelled up eyes, "I have you."

"Yes you do, pancake. But I would love to see you as an independent woman when you grow up. Just like our moms."

"But I am small right now. You see I will be a strong woman when I grow up."

He laughed as he nodded his head at me, "Sure. And then you won't need me. Then I would love you to beat some guys for me."

I nodded my head at him enthusiastically. I will become a strong woman. The woman, Xavier will be proud of. And the woman I want to become.

Xavier tried brushing off the dirt that was attached to his clothes and his face.

"I don't get into fights for anyone. You should consider yourself lucky that I am your friend."