Chapter 14

"I was there in the library, what about you?"

"Me? I just came for some work. By the time I was done it was late."

Right now Alec and I were walking on the road. The gang was miraculously no where to be seen. And even though I thought Alec had his car, he didn't. It turns out he doesn't live that far off from here so he came without a car. He walked. Just like me.

"You haven't encountered the gang here?" I asked him still walking side by side.

He had his hands in the pocket of his pants as he shook his head, "I've heard of them. But I haven't come across them."

I sighed closing my eyes, "I guess I am the lucky one."

Alec couldn't help but laugh. He opened his mouth to say something else but he was cut short by my phone.

I stopped walking for a while to look down at the screen. I was getting call from my....mom.

Alec stopped turning a little back to look at me. I put my phone down and went to join him. He looked at me confused, "Don't you need to take that?"

Do I? I don't think so. When I called her she wasn't there. And now I was pissed at everyone. Mom. Xavier. For god sake everyone.

"Who is it?" Alec asked when it continued ringing.

"It's no one." I silenced my phone. But not even a minute later it came back to life. The ringtone blaring in the silence.

I was about to silence it again when it was snatched away from me. I looked up surprised to find Alec staring at my phone screen.

"Hey! It's no manners to snatch someone's phone away." I complaint trying to reach out to my phone.

"It's from your mom, princess. Why don't you take it?" He said, ignoring my previous comment fully.

I stopped. My hands still in the air before I looked down sully. I brought my hands back down and glared at Alec. I still had that book with me that Mrs Granger gave me.

He raised his hands up in surrender, "I don't know why you don't want to talk to her. But I am picking the call up and I think you should talk to her."

I shook my head at him aggressively, "Don't. I don't want to talk to her. I am pissed at her."

He looked at me as if I had gone crazy. I gave him the same look back.

What was wrong with this guy? It's my mom. I can talk to her, be mad at her whenever I want.

When his expression didn't change at all, it drove me mad, "Stop looking at me like that!"

"Like what?" He asked-- his expression still the same.

I pointed his face, "That look. Like I am crazy."

"You are." He muttered.

"What did you say?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"I said call your mom back." He looked me in the eyes and said with force. The phone which was ringing a while back was silent again. It was as silent as ever. While Alec's eyes never left mine.

I felt uncomfortable so I looked around and cleared my throat, "Why do you care?"

He was silent. And his breathing which was uneven a while ago was back to normal. I raised my eyes to find him lost in his thoughts.

"Alec?" I called out to him.

He nodded his head at me but his eyes. They were still staring at some distance. And I could find traces of hurt on his face. Did I hurt him? My god, I didn't intend on doing that at all.