Chapter 28

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the medical room? I can stay behind for a while."

I shook my head at Luke letting him know that I was completely fine and he can go back to take his classes. I slung my arms around Evie's shoulders and made a proud face,

"I have my best friend taking care of me so you really don't have to worry."

Luke looked unsure before he sighed and nodded his head at me finally hugging me before saying a quick goodbye. As soon as he was out I looked at Evie smiling at her.

She looked a little mad as she said, "You had such a great opportunity to spend time with Luke, why would you ditch him?"

"I just didn't want him to be late because of me."

She rolled her eyes, "Why do you have to be such a saint?"

I laughed at her reaction.

I am not being a saint. I am just feeling....happy? Because Xavier just did something for me. With me. He ate his lunch with me on the floor. Surely it was silent. Neither of us felt comfortable enough to make a conversation in front of our dates but still it felt good. He didn't talk much but atleast he sat there with me in front of our dates.

I wonder what is going on in his mind?

Suddenly being so concerned and caring towards me. I wanted to know what is running in his mind. I wasn't lying when I said that Xavier confuses me. I meant exactly these things he says and do to confuse me. But it doesn't really matter now...not until he is still dating Olivia.

Even though Olivia is good and kind towards me and everyone else I just can't get myself to be the same towards her. I can't get myself to like her no matter what. Cause in the end it was my man she was hanging around with. And no matter what I can't shake it off that even though she took a stand for me that day she was there too. If she really cared for me that much why would she be there to give the auditions? Man, why didn't I think of it before?

"I'll take her." Someone said from behind us.

With Evie's help we both turned around to find Xavier standing there. The cafeteria was almost empty since everyone had classes to go to. The guys left too after assuring them that I was alright. That Evie was enough to help me out. That it wasn't so bad afterall.

But maybe not everyone left.

He came towards us and taking my arms away from Evie's he wrapped them around his shoulders. Almost all of my weight was on him as he wrapped his hands around my waist to keep me supported. He was bending a little due to our height differences.

I couldn't help but snap my eyes up to find him already looking down at me. His hazel eyes were looking at me the way they never have. I felt myself gulp before averting them and trying to take my weight off him by stepping away from him. He only tightened his grip as he brought me closer.

"Liya?" Evie looked at me in a questioning way. I knew what she meant. She was asking me if I wanted her to leave me with Xavier.

Xavier answered her, "I have to have a talk with her."

But it was Evie we are talking about. She shushed him and again looked at me for an answer. I could feel Xavier breathing heavily beside me. I felt like laughing at his reaction but I controlled myself. I looked at her nodding my head letting her know that it'll be fine.

She nodded back before once again giving Xavier a look,"You better be on your good behaviour or else watch your back."

Once she was gone I felt Xavier letting out a deep breath he was holding, "Has she been this scary from the start?"