Chapter 15

Xavier's pov

I just got out from the bathroom when mom entered my room. I held onto the towel around my waist a little tighter. I was about to open my mouth to complain but the look on her face made me shut my mouth. She seemed somewhat furious.

I sighed. What did I do now?

I looked down pinching the bridge of my nose, "Can you wait for me to atleast wear some pants? I'll be out in a minute."

She pursed her lips tight, nodding her head before going out and closing the door behind her.

Once she was out I let out a deep breath. I don't remember doing anything to land me in trouble now. Then why did she looked so furious?

My hair were wet due to the shower I took. I took out grey sweatpants and wore them. And taking a black t-shirt with me, I went and took my phone.

I was about to leave my room before I checked my phone.

2 missed calls from pancake.

What the fuck?

She never called me. And now there were two missed calls. Is she fine?

I got out of my room quickly moving downstairs as fast as I could. I found mom standing there impatiently.

"You took time," she started before stopping, "Put that on, will you?" She said referring to my t-shirt.

I quickly put it on and ran towards the main door as fast as I could.

"Xavier! Where do you think you are going at this hour?" My mom asked concerned making me stop in between.

I don't know why I was panicking. I don't know why, but I felt like I needed to see her. To see if she was safe.

"I am sorry mom. I can tell you are mad at me. But I need to go right now." I begged her.

She shook her head sternly, "Not before you hear me."

I looked around frustratedly before nodding my head at her.

"I got a call from Liya's mother." She started her hazel eyes becoming concerned.

And that was enough to make me run towards her, "What did she say?"

"She said Liya called you but you didn't pick her call up. She was upset about it."

"Yes! I was having a bath...How is she? Is she fine?" I asked frantically.

My mom put her hands on my shoulder to make me calm but it wasn't helping at all. What can you expect? She never calls me and then suddenly I saw two missed calls from her. I don't know why but I was freaking out from the inside,

"Mom?" I asked her again.

Mom sighed before looking at me, "Liya," I nodded my head at her letting her know I was listening, "She went to the library. On her way back she got chased by some gang."

That was enough for me to make me run for the door. Damnit. Why did she have to get out at this late hour? That too when she knew she could land herself in trouble.

Stupid. Stupid girl.

"Xavier!" Mom called me again. I turned to her frustrated now. I was already late! I don't know what would have happened!

"She is safe now." Mom said softly, nodding her head at me--smiling.

I stopped for a while before shaking my head, "I want to see that for myself. It is Liya we are talking about. That girl loves to land herself into trouble."