Chapter 29

There was a knock on the door. I put my phone aside quickly and faced towards it. I was hoping it was Luke since he promised that he'll pick me up but I was a little upset when I saw Alec standing there. His blonde hair were sticking out in different directions as he asked me if he could come inside.

It's not like I own this place so I was in no position to stop him. Aside from me there was a guy lying on the bed opposite from mine. My eyes turned to the guy and found him still lying there but he was lying sideways now, his head was in his hands which was supported by the elbow. He was looking at the both of us interestingly. Like he could be here sitting with a popcorn and coke and enjoy the show that was about to be put up.

"Is Xavier gone?" Alec asked coming and standing in front of me.

Did he come here to ask me this? This?

I pursed my lips nodding my head, "He did. He went home with Olivia."

Alec nodded his head in understanding before standing there awkwardly. He went back and forth with his feet on the spot before sighing, "Are you alright?"

I patted my biceps, "Healthy as a horse. I already feel better. You can find me climbing up the Himalayas tomorrow."

He laughed shaking his head before coming and sitting next to me. He was sure to sit next to me but maintaining the distance. He was silent for a while looking around before he decided to speak up,

"So Luke, huh?"

I closed my eyes. How many times will I have to repeat the same thing?

"Yeah." I replied.

I opened my eyes and noticed the guy on the opposite bed still looking at us. Still waiting for some drama.

I wish I could tell him the only drama he could come face to face was when Xavier was near me. He was looking wrong right now.

"Liya,"Aec breathed out. I looked at him sideways in a questioning way and found him already looking at me with the oceans of his eyes, "Are you happy?"

I stared into his eyes gulping. Am I happy? I think I am happy that I am making progress with Xavier. But am I happy to involve Luke? No, I don't think so.

"I am." I smiled at him finally. This is what Luke would have wanted me to do.

He tsked before averting his eyes from me. He started looking around again before he spoke in a gentle tone,

"You know when I said I am glad nothing happened between us?"

I remember that very well. Just after he knew Xavier was my fiance he asked to stay friends saying he was glad nothing happened between us.

I nodded in affirmative. I knew he could see me from the corner of his eyes because I saw his face turning grim, "I meant that only for Xavier."

Huh? What is he even trying to say?

I was about to open my mouth to ask the question before I saw the opposite guy laying there with a furrowed eyebrows. If possible he was even leaning in a little further fo listen carefully.

I rolled my eyes before addressing him, "In case you haven't noticed the school ended. You can leave."

He looked at me surprised for a minute that I even talked to him. Suddenly he laid back down clutching onto his stomach, "It is still paining. Ughhh. Don't mind me. Just carry on with your conversation."

Liar. I squinted my eyes at him before I felt a hand press down on mine. My head snapped down to look at Alec's hand lying there on mine. I tried to take away my hand from under his. He was hesitant for a while before giving in.

"I don't understand what you mean." I replied to his previous comment.

He bit his lip, "Look, I am not a guy to keep his feelings inside of him. I want to make the other person know that I want them."

"You are not making sense." I said.

"I am. You are just not accepting it." He said.

I looked down finding the ground more interesting than ever, "I don't think so." I mumbled.

"If you want me to say it out loud then fine." He said. My eyes finally snapped upto his. I was afraid of what he was going to say. But most of all I was afraid that maybe I knew what he was going to say.

"I like you." He finally confessed.

I took a sharp intake of breath as soon as I heard it. But the most shocking reaction was out of the stomachache guy. He was coughing loudly while holding onto his stomach. He rolled about on the bed before finally stopping and taking deep breaths.

As for me? I sat there numb. Doing nothing. This was the first time a guy was confessing to me. And I didn't know how to react. Because, 1. I was in love with his best friend and 2. I was dating Luke.

I know it sounds messed up. But that is all what we are, messed up. All in our own way.

Alec ignored him as he continued, "I have liked you for a long time now. The only reason I stopped was because of Xavier."

I turned to him with a look on my face, "You stopped your feeling because of Xavier?"

"I tried." He admitted.

"No matter I would have fallen for you?" I asked him unbelievably.

He sighed, "But you didn't. You haven't. And I could see that. That is why I am saying, I gave up on you for Xavier. Not Luke."

I bit the insides of my cheek. Is he confessing to me or trying to make me regret the decision of dating Luke? Or worse...trying to tell me why Xavier was better than them all?

"I never asked you to give up." I said in a sarcastic tone.

He turned his head upward and looked at the ceiling, "As I said, only for Xavier. Since you are dating Luke I have no reason to hold back."

I shook my head in denial. I don't know what their problem was with Luke. The guy wasn't even mean to them and yet they were talking about him this way.

"You have to hold back. I have a boyfriend." I said sternly.

He turned his eyes towards me before smirking, "I knew you would say that. But I never said that I was going to steal you away. I will just not hold back my feelings and let you know that I like you."

I opened my mouth to argue but he shook his head, "I know it is solely one sided. So why are you worrying? Are you afraid of feeling otherwise?"

I shook my head vigorously.

He sighed before continuing, "Then don't worry. You can't stop me from liking you now, can you? Even if I want I cannot. They are not the strings I can pull on my wish...so I am just letting you know that I like you. And even if it is one sided, let me have it. Let me try my best."

I didn't know what to say. I was sitting there speechless. What can I even say? He just confessed to me and I cannot even push him away because he was right. He can't control feelings. No one can. Neither me. Nor Xavier.

Anyway, who am I to ask him to stop his feelings when I am the one who is doing anything to not let their feelings get hurt.

Slowly I brought my hands upto my chest and felt my heart racing. Was it because of Alec?

I looked back at Alec and found him sitting their vulnerable. I wanted to comfort him. I felt bad. Cause I actually liked Alec. It wasn't a strong feeling of love. But I actually cared for him. And I didn't like him sitting their so lonely.

And I cannot stop Alec from having it one sided. But still I have feelings too. Getting three guys involved? It was the last thing I wanted.

Even though I wanted to comfort him right now the thing that came out of my mouth was, "Can I have some space?"

He turned his head towards me. His pupils dilated before he closed his eyes and nodded his head, "Sure. I was just going. I just wanted you to know...you know, before going."

___