Chapter 43

Alec stopped outside my house and without saying anything got out of the car. He opened the back door and asked Xavier to get out of the car seeming bored.

I got out from my side and went to stand next to Alec. I stomped my foot impatiently as I waited for Xavier to get out.

"Liya." I heard Xavier call out. Then a hand appeared from inside the car, "You know I might fall down. Help me get inside, please." He said trying to sound all innocent.

I huffed out some air in annoyance. This guy. Wasn't he the same guy who wanted me to stay away from him? Broke my heart? Then why the hell was he trying to get close to me now?

But he is drunk right now which means he isn't in his right senses.

I was about to step in the front and offer him my hand when Alec stopped me and stepped in the front helping Xavier out,

"I'll help you. You will crush Liya with your weight." Alec smiled sweetly at Xavier.

Xavier glared holes at him before muttering incoherently to himself. Alec helped his arm around his shoulders while supporting Xavier's weight on himself.

"You hate me, don't you?" Xavier asked Alec in a low voice.

Alec ignored him while helping him walk. I opened the door for them to enter.

Alec was awfully quiet as he helped Xavier inside while Xavier awfully muttered things to himself.

"I swear there should be an award for people who sacrifice. Seriously. That shit hurts." He mumbled, "...I might get one too."

He was silent before chuckling, "Am I right, Alec?"

"I don't know." Alec replied silently.

"Oh come on, you are the only person who might be the happiest right now." Xavier mocked.

Alec made a face before hurrying towards one of the sofas and throwing Xavier on it. Xavier groaned in pain before chuckling.

Drunk Xavier wasn't only annoying but he was also way too honest. Too honest that he was hurting his best friend.

I could see Alec hurt by Xavier's words. And I felt bad for him because listening to your best friend getting the wrong idea about you hurts.

"I'll prepare the guest room for the both of you." I announced before turning away from them.

"Wait." I heard Alec say, "I'll help you out too."

I turned back to face him and tell him otherwise when he took a step forward.

It all happened in slow motion as Alec tried to step towards me while Xavier tried to take hold of his hand wanting to stop him, except rather than Alec's hand what came in his grip was....

I closed my eyes before turning around in embarrassment. There was a pin drop silence as none of them said a word.

It was a moment later that I heard Alec burst out, "Just stop holding onto my..." he stopped mid sentence.

"Hand?" Xavier asked smirking.

"You dickhead. That is not my hand that you are holding. It is my...." Alec groaned in frustration.

I slightly looked through my fingers as I saw Xavier looking down at his hand which was still holding onto Alec's crotch area. He seemed confused as he looked back at Alec,

"I am pretty much sure I am holding your wrist."

Alec ran both his hands through his blonde hair before he looked at Xavier with wide eyes, "Look. Both of my hands are here. So just let it go. That is not my fucking hand."