Chapter 37

"I knew you'd look beautiful." Evie said giving me one final look with a proud expression.

I asked Evie to come and help me dress up for the party. Ever since she entered she has been going around making me try all the types of dresses that were in my closet until she sighed and told me she knew it would happen and like a fairy godmother she believed she was, produced a beautiful maroon bodycon dress.

After that she went onto do my makeup accordingly before making me go and change into the dress she bought.

Right now I was standing in front of her tugging onto my dress as I tried to pull it down a bit,

"Are you sure? I think it's a little too short." I mumbled.

Evie waved her hand in dismissal before coming and placing her hands on my shoulders, "But it's not. Believe me you look beautiful."

She made me stand in front of the mirror. I stared back at the reflection that I suppose was mine. To say Evie did a good job would be an understatement cause she was spectacularly good at it.

The dress was too beautiful. It wasn't something fancy into the front but the back had the laces running around in different direction making it look pretty. Also, the way this dress was complimenting my figure was perfect.

"Thanks." I said in awe to Evie. She gave me a reassuring squeeze before turning around and packing her stuff,

"I'll get going now." She turned towards me-- ecstatic, "Enjoy!"

I went towards her and gave her a tight hug which she returned. I wish I could take Evie with me. That would have been so much better. Atleast I won't be alone there.

Evie suddenly pulled away from me, "How can I forget!" And ran out of my room.

I was standing there in front of the mirror my face towards the door. Where did she run off to?

Not even seconds later she came back with a box in her hands. I looked at her confused as she let it fall on the floor. She placed her hands on her waist,

"Since I am your fairy godmother today. It was natural of me to bring you a pair of heels too."

Oh no. No. No. No. No. Heels and me? Not a good match.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said trying not to sound rude.

Evie sat on the edge of my bed while bending her upper body a little and taking the heels out of the box,

"I am not letting you ruin the look of the dress by not wearing these." She said holding them in between two of her fingers.

I stared at the two monsters staring back at me. Yes, she bought them maroon too. How much did she spend exactly for me?

I looked at her with my eyes wide as she rolled her eyes, "Don't consider yourself so important. I didn't buy them for you. They are for me. I am taking them away from you after this party."

I chuckled before nodding my head at her, "But I don't think heels are for me."

She got up from the bed with the heels still dangling between her fingers. She came and put them in front of me and crossed her arms. She looked at me hard, "Get. Them. On. You should atleast wear heels occasionally."

I gulped.

She looked scary. I nodded at her in affirmative. I was ready to walk on nails to get rid of the look she was giving me.

A smile broke out on her face, "Great! Then put them on and blow their minds. I'll get going."

I smiled softly at her as she went out taking all the stuff with her.