Chapter 2

-----

"Y/n! There you are!" Morrison said as his eyes caught us. He started speed walking towards us.

"Y/n! You're supposed to be giving him a tour! Not sitting out here and skipping class!" He yelled as he ran towards us. We ran the whole football field length and jumped off the step to the ground. Y/n pulled me to the right of the bleachers and I saw a set of doors that lead into the school. Across from that was another building. She pulled me towards the other building and through the metal doors. We ran down the hall covered in paper numbers and math equations and then through another pair of doors. We ran past two more vending machines and to the left, through another door. She closed it and grabbed my hand again, pulling me to the other side of the locker room.

She opened the closet door and pulled me inside, shutting it and turning off the light.

"Why are we hiding?" I asked her. The closet was small and we were pressed up against one another. My chest against her back. She struggled but she managed to turn around and look at me. She was almost as tall as I was, meaning she was really short.

"Because we were supposed to go to class and all that nonsense. We've been skipping" She whispered. Her breath hit my neck and it sent chills down my spine. The air felt electric around us as we stood with our faces just inches apart.

"So we're hiding. If we avoid him for the rest of the day, he'll forget all about this tomorrow" She whispered. The air between us was thick and strange. I was feeling all kinds of different feelings I've never felt before and I didn't know why.

"He said you were his favorite student, yet you skip class" I said as I raised a brow.

"Sometimes I have to play a part when being around someone. If I'm his favorite, he lets some things slide" She whispered. I smiled a little at her because that was smart. I should have done that and manipulated these humans.

"If you're his favorite, why does it matter if we get caught?" I asked her.

"Being a favorite doesn't mean I'm free to do whatever I want. He'll still give me detention and then give me a huge speech about how I'm better than that yada yada yada" She said as she chuckled a little.

She suddenly placed her hand over my mouth as we heard the door open. Footsteps echoed through the locker room and Y/n closed her eyes as they got closer. I looked at the door and then down to Y/n. I put my arms around her and she looked up to me with a confused face. I quickly spun us around so my back was to the door and she was hidden. The door flew open and I turned as slowly as possible, making sure to keep her behind me. I looked up at Morrison and he sighed as he stared at me. The light was off and Y/n was behind me, against the back of the closet, so he didn't see her.

"Mr. Smith this behavior is very unacceptable. Where is Y/n?" He asked me. I took a step forward and he backed away from the door. I grabbed the handle and pulled it towards me as I left the closet, closing it behind me.

"She was trying to get me to go back to class. I convinced her to show me the...football field because...I'm considering...joining the team" I said. It was the only lie I could come up with that seemed believable. Morrison stared me up and down and raised a brow.

"Then why did she run away?" He asked me.

"I was pushing her to make her run. She kept trying to get me to stop. We ran separate ways. I came in here while she ran into the school" I said.

"Right. Well, I'll be looking for her and asking her for her side of the story. Since it's your first day, I'll let this slide. But don't let it happen again. Let's get you to class" He harshly said. I nodded and walked out of the locker room. He took me to my 6th period class, world history. We walked back into the school and to the second floor. He opened the door and I walked into class with all eyes on me. Lain raised a brow at me and Morrison explained to the teacher that I was new. He left and the teacher introduced himself to me.