Chapter 12

-----

I let Y/n keep the armor she was wearing and took her home. She told me she would drive back to my house when she was done getting cleaned up.

I flew back home and got changed into the tux she had picked out for me. It was a light navy blue and fit me nicely. I admired myself in my mirror and smiled at how I looked. I put on the pastel yellow tie that matched Y/n's dress and slipped my black boots on. I looked in the mirror again and realized my face had a few scratches on it as well as a bruise under my right eye.

"Huh. Oh well" I said as I shrugged. I walked out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. I heard a knock on the door and smiled, knowing it was going to be Y/n.

I answered the door and almost gasped at the sight. Much like the first time I saw her, I was so taken back by her beauty. I haven't seen her dress because she wanted it to be a surprise. I just knew it matched the color of my tie because Y/n said so.

"You look....so gorgeous" I said as I admired her beautiful body. She had on a pastel yellow dress that went down to her knees. It was tight around her waist but loose around her legs. Her hair had little diamonds in it and she had a tiny bit of make up on. I noticed the bruise on her neck and the two on her upper left cheek bone. She also had three small cuts on her jaw.

"You don't look so bad yourself" She said as she looked at me with a smile. I took her hand and we walked upstairs to my fathers room.

"Look at you two" He smiled as he grabbed his camera from the stand next to him. I put my arm around Y/n's lower back and held her close to me as we smiled for my father. He snapped a few pictures and proudly smiled at me.

"Keep him in check tonight" He said to Y/n. She saluted my father military style and he chuckled at her.

-----

We walked into the building where the dance was being held and I was immediately annoyed by the loud music. It was a bit too loud for my Saiyan ears. Y/n noticed me cringe a little and stopped walking, standing in the hall.

"We don't have to do in. I know Saiyans have sensitive ears" she said as she took my hand. I smiled at her and pulled her into the main hall room. The party planning committee actually did a good job on the decorations.

"Y/n! Vegeta!" Lain yelled out as he, Nick, Clay, and their dates walked through the crowd towards us.

"You two look nice!" Lain said as he patted my back. He noticed the marks on both of our faces and eyed them for a minute.

"Everything okay?" He asked Y/n

"Yup!" She gave him a huge genuine smile to let him know she was telling the truth.

"Why are you both covered in bruises and cuts?" Clay asked us.

"We were in a car accident earlier. We were on our way to dinner before the dance and some guy ran a red light and hit us" She said while furrowing her brows in anger.

"Whoa, seriously?" Lain asked. His father was a police officer so this story might have been a bad idea.

"Yeah! We just made it to Hammonsville and the Uber driver was driving through the intersection when bam! The guy hit the left side where I was sitting" She said as she sighed. She's fast.

"Wow, that's fucking crazy. Glad you guys are okay" Lain said as he smiled at us.

"Yeah, me too" Y/n nodded.

"This is boring. Let's dance" Hannah said as she grabbed Lain and pulled him away. Nick, Clay, and their dates rolled their eyes at her and looked at Y/n.