Chapter 5

-----

After the rest of us got dressed, we walked out of the locker room to the hallway with the rest of the team. Coach Stickles gave us a speech about how we are great and we'll do great. Everyone began cheering and loud music began playing outside.

"Looks like they're ready for us, boys!! Let's go!" Stickles shouted as he smacked a few guys on the helmets and walked out the doors to the stadium. Everyone began jogging behind him and we were met with cheering from the huge crowd. The other team was already on the field and they watched us as we ran out. I looked up to the stands and saw Y/n sitting with my father, cheering me on and sporting my name on her. She was standing like most people were and yelling my name. The lights, the attention from the supportive crowd, the feel of the energy on the field. I actually liked it. Maybe becoming a football player was a great idea.

*Your Pov*

I sat back down and watched the team crowd around Stickles. I smiled at Vegeta and felt my heart flutter as I watched him. It was strange that I've only known him for a day and I already have a crush on him. He was so interesting and cute and funny and mysterious all at the same time.

"So, what are they doing?" His dad asked me.

"Going over the play one last time before sending the players out" I said as I looked at him and smiled. He was very handsome, like his son. They were definitely lucky when it came to the gene pool.

"And what is Vegeta's position?" He asked me. He really knows absolutely nothing about football.

"He's a linebacker. Most of the time they are huge guys, like Furbee there" I said as I pointed to the largest guy on the team.

"But Vegeta's extremely fast and has a lot of power being his tackle, so Stickles made him linebacker" I said. His father smiled proudly at his son and I smiled at him. You could tell he really loves his son and wants him to do great things in life.

----

The first half of the game went exactly as I expected it to go. Vegeta was a friken beast on the field and the other team definitely underestimated him from the start. They probably thought he was too small to worry about, but he quickly proved them wrong.

A guy with the number 52 kept targeting Vegeta but Vegeta would take him down in a second, or avoid his tackles with zero effort. I watched the other coach angrily scream at his players. The buzzer sounded and that meant halftime was up. The players began jogging to the locker room and I excused myself and quickly ran down to the locker room doors. I stood by and high-fived everyone that passed me until I got to Vegeta. I grabbed him by his jersey and pulled him into a quick hug.

"You're doing so amazing!" I said as I let him go. He smiled at me and tore his helmet off, his hair still standing in it's perfect position.

"Thanks" he said. He was covered in sweat but still looked so attractive. Maybe even more attractive.

"You'll have time to talk to your girlfriend later, let's go" Lain said as he grabbed Vegeta by the arm and pulled him into the locker room.

I know he was just messing with us but I liked that he called me Vegeta's girlfriend.

The doors closed and I turned to see Vegeta's father walking towards me. He looked confused about what was happening.

"Y/n, why did the event stop?" He asked me.

"It's halftime. The players get a 15 minute break and the school band preforms on the field" I said as I nodded to the band kids marching towards the field.

"Oh, that's interesting" He said as he looked at them. I smiled at the strange man and looked over at the concession stand.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Vegeta's dad.