#wtfock, 23/12, 19:52

'Well, what are you doing here?' Robbe asks Sander when Sander enters the kitchen. 'Aren't you supposed to study?' Robbe looks up from the potatoes he's peeling for this evening.

'I studied all day today, it's after 7 pm now. I need a break, I've studied enough for today. How was it with Jens this afternoon?' Sander gives Robbe a kiss and caresses his hair.

'It was nice. We went to the skate park. It stopped raining so it was nice to be outside.'

'Please, don't make me jealous, I've been inside all day,' Sander says with a sigh.

'You haven't been outside for not even a minute?' Robbe asks surprised.

'No, not even a minute,' Sander replies.

'That's not healthy, you need some fresh air every now and then.'

'I know. I will make a short walk everyday from now on,' Sander answers.

'You're such a good boy. Have you taken all your pills for today?' Robbe asks.

Sander is a bit annoyed but he knows Robbe only has good intentions. 'So far, yes. I will take the last ones now.'

Robbe stands up and puts his arms around his boyfriend. He looks him in the eyes and gives him a kiss. 'Tomorrow evening you can relax, it's Christmas Eve.'

'A pity that we won't spend Christmas Eve together,' Sander replies with a sad voice.

'I know,' Robbe answers. 'But we both have to see our family. Next year we certainly will be together.' They kiss each other again.

'So you're spending Christmas Eve with your father's brother?'

Robbe goes on with peeling the potatoes. It doesn't go very quick, but he's quicker than a few weeks ago. 'Yes, he asked me to come and I owe him something. I left him alone at the restaurant that Friday when you told me there is nothing between us.'

'Let's not think about that anymore,' Sander says quickly.

Robbe goes on without mentioning the restaurant again. 'And I don't want to be alone here, not at Christmas Eve. Milan is with family in The Netherlands and Zoë will be with family too.'

'We will be together at Christmas,' Sander says, trying to calm down Robbe.

'I'm very curious how they will both react. They know about you, but they haven't seen you yet and my mother is better but maybe not yet 100%. We have to be careful with her.'

'Minute per minute,' Sander smiles. 'With me and with her. It will be okay if we do it like that.'

Robbe smiles too. 'I hope the atmosphere will not be too tense. My father and mother haven't always had the best relationship.'

'It's Christmas,' Sander says. 'They won't argue on a day like that. At what time you have to pick up your mother Wednesday?'

'At noon,' Robbe answers. 'My father expects us at 11.30 and then he drives us to the institution. We will check her out and take her home with us. That will be the first time in months I'm together with my mother and my father at the same time.'

'Everything will be alright.' If Robbe isn't the one calming Sander down it's the other way around. They both make each other calm when it's necessary. 'Will you ask your father if you can live back home with him and your mother?' Sander asks.

'I'm their only child, so I don't think I have to ask. They'd love to have me back home, certainly now my mother will be back. I also can't expect my father to take care of her on his own.'

'You're such a good boy,' Sander smiles.

Robbe is washing the peeled potatoes now and will then cook them as Zoë learned him. She told him she would be back by 8.

'So Lisa is coming back next week?' Sander asks.

'Yes. At least, I think so. I don't know the exact date. At the end of December but it can be she still spends New Year's Eve abroad. It will hurt when I have to leave here.'

Sander says nothing for a moment, he's thinking. Just thinking, about everything and nothing. Overthinking things.

'So your mother and father aren't together anymore?' Robbe asks Sander.

Sander is a bit annoyed, but he knows he has to tell Robbe anyway one day. He has to be honest with Robbe.

'My father hasn't always been there for me and my sister,' Sander explains. 'He hasn't always been the best father. He rather went outside drinking and when he came back he hit my mother. They divorced 5 years ago, when my mother finally found the courage to leave him.'

'That's heavy,' Robbe replies.

Sander answers: 'Let's not think about it anymore. If I think about it I get sad and angry at the same time. I don't want to risk to get a depressive episode.'

'It's alright,' Robbe says. He hugs Sander, while the potatoes are cooking.