#wtfock, 05/01, 17:23

Robbe tries to videocall Sander again. He picks up now.

'Why didn't you pick up your phone an hour ago?' Robbe asks. He's already worried when he doesn't hear his boyfriend for 5 minutes.

'Sorry, Robbie, I didn't have my phone with me. Also I'm studying during the day, so I can't touch my phone too much. You understand, Robbie?' Sander explains.

'Yes, sorry. You know how quickly worried I am,' Robbe answers.

'Have you already come up with a pet name for me?' Sander asks playfully.

'Not yet.' Robbe smiles. 'I told you that has to come spontaneous.'

'Okay, I see. So for now you're still calling me just Sander?' Sander shows a pout.

'Sexy Sander,' Robbe answers.

They both smile now.

'How is your father?' Robbe asks.

'Still okay. I have come out of my room once, today.'

'That's good,' Robbe answers. 'So you start to trust him?'

'That are big words,' Sander says. 'I don't know if I can ever trust him again. I won't forget what he has done. If I learn to tolerate him I think I've done a good job.'

'That would be a great job,' Robbe says. 'I know you're not a harmful person.'

Sander says nothing for a few seconds. Robbe knows what these words mean to him, how good they make them feel.

'Something else now,' Sander says. 'It's been a few weeks since I talked about it, but you still have to take your Bowie examination.'

'I already forgot about it,' Robbe says. Back then he thought Sander was joking, now he knows if Sander jokingly says something he might mean it.

'You haven't studied yet?' Sander asks with a bit of disappointment in his voice.

'No, not yet.' He looks a bit embarrassed. 'Well, I have listened to your playlist, but not really studied it.'

'You get one week to study. Let's say I will test you Friday evening.' Sander isn't sure how things will evolve at his home, but he wants to give Robbe something to look forward to. He knows how much Robbe wants to see him and the feeling is mutual. If Sander has something to look forward to he can cope better with difficult situations.

'What if I fail?' Robbe asks.

'A bit more selfconfidence, Robbe,' Sander replies. 'But if you really fail you will have to study again.'

'What if I succeed?'

'Then you go on to the next level. Then you'll get another week to study for the advanced Bowie exam. You know this one is only for beginners.'

The way Sander talks about something so passionately really makes Robbe feel fall in love over and over again. 'What exactly do I have to study?' Robbe asks.

'Simple. I will let you hear a part of a Bowie song, you have to tell me which song it is, in what year the song was released and which album the song is on,' Sander explains.

'Euh... Simple you say?'

'Come on, Robbie, there are only 30 songs in that playlist. Bowie has 152 songs. Next time there will be 60 songs in the playlist.'

'Okay, I better start studying then,' Robbe laughs.

'Yes, you should,' Sander smiles. 'It will motivate me to study knowing that my boyfriend is studying too.'

Robbe and Sander then just sit there for a few minutes, watching each other through the screen.

'Oh,' Sander says, 'I will tell my father about us this evening.'

Robbe is filled with joy but is also worried. 'Are you sure that is a good idea?' he asks.

'I don't want to hide you any longer,' Sander answers. 'If he doesn't accept it it's his problem.'

'Okay, let me know how he reacted,' Robbe says.

They end their video call with the usual "I love you's" and go both studying.