#wtfock, 30/12, 11:57

'Have you read that news about two guys in Gent?' Robbe asks Sander. 'Two gay guys.'

Sander went along with Robbe yesterday evening to the apartment where he still lives with Zoë and Milan, now for three more days. January 2 Robbe is going back to his parents, Lisa is coming back that day. Robbe's rent was paid until December 31, but Zoë and Milan gave him 1 day for free. As a gift. He won't be there a lot on January 1 anyway, only to sleep a few hours before he and Sander will be visiting some family of them. Sander will stay with Robbe until January 1, in the evening he's going back to his mother.

'No, but I don't really follow the news,' Sander answers. He's sitting down at Robbe's desk, he was studying.

'Friday night, it was Saturday morning very early, about 5 am. They were beaten up by three men for being gay. Worst is, they were just friends!' Robbe is silent now, he thinks about that evening when he and Sander were beaten up.

'Did they go to the police?' Sander asks.

'Yes, they did. I hope they find the perpetrators soon.' Robbe looks really worried, almost sad. Sad that something like this still happens. 'Have you heard anything more about our case?'

'No, not yet,' Sander replies.

'I knew we had to go to the police right away! We waited for too long.'

'Robbe, calm down. There is still a chance they find the ones that did that to us. Maybe if they found the ones in Gent? They were three as well, you never know it are the same guys.' Sander tries to make Robbe feel more at ease. They both have to do that for each other sometimes.

'Do you think it's a good idea to go to that gay party tomorrow?' Robbe asks.

'Why not? We have to live our lifes, don't allow ourselves to be scared.' Sander has his arms wrapped around Robbe's waist. Robbe is standing up, looking Sander in the eyes all the time.

'Aren't you scared sometimes?'

'Sometimes, yes. If I think about it, if I think that it can happen again anywhere. That makes me sad. But tomorrow we are going out with a big group. I'm sure Moyo and Jens would fight for us if it's necessary. But it won't be necessary.' Sander tries to assure Robbe nothing bad will happen, although he never knows that for sure. He always wants to protect his boy, although he knows he can't protect him from everything.

'I love you,' Robbe says and he gives Sander a kiss.

'I love you too,' Sander replies. 'Go play a game on your new Xbox now so you can think about something else, I have to study now. Okay, cutie?'

'Okay. My artist,' Robbe answers with a smile.