#wtfock, 10/01, 19:55

'Are you ready for the Bowie exam for beginners?' Sander asks Robbe. He smiles.

'Yes, I've been studying until this morning,' Robbe answers seriously.

'You still paid attention to your school work I hope?'

'Of course. But I really want to pass this exam so I can go on to the next level.' Robbe is still very serious, he really seems to mean it. He's not a very good actor, so if he would only play showing interest in the exam Sander would immediately see it.

'Okay, first one then.' Sander puts the CD in the CD player and pushes play. Usually he streams music but as one of the biggest David Bowie-fans he had to had all his CDs.

I... I will be king... And you... You will be queen... it sounds through the boxes.

'That's an easy one,' Robbe says almost immediately. 'Heroes.'

'Yes, very good,' Sander says. He's standing in front of Robbe, Robbe is having a seat on Sanders bed. Like it's the case in class rooms, except that the bed is a school desk. 'But what year is it from and which album is it on?'

'Fock,' Robbe replies. First question and he already has to think quite hard. 'The album is also called Heroes, I know that. It must be a song from the 80's. No, it's a border one, I think I remember now. 1977!'

'Very good!' Sander is surprised, his boy really studied for this fake exam. Robbe has that cute, big smile on his face, he's proud he knew the answer.

'So, what's my reward now?' he asks.

'Your reward? This was only the first question. You get a reward when you passed the exam.'

Before Robbe can say anything Sander makes the second song start playing.

Didn't know what time it was and the lights were low
I leaned back on my radio

'This is a more difficult one,' Robbe says. He listens to the song for a while before he answers.

'If you don't know it before the chorus starts playing you don't have this one,' Sander goes on. 'The song title is in the chorus so that would be too easy.' He watches his boyfriend thinking. Whatever Robbe does, he always looks cute. Damn, I'm such a lucky man with Robbe. How did I even deserve him.

Robbe sings on the lyrics and all of a sudden he answers. 'Starman, 1973.'

'Starman is good. I should give only 1 point for that answer because the chorus was about to start, but the year is wrong. It's 1972. So I just give you 1 point here instead of 2.

'Come on, you're such a strict teacher,' Robbe says. Sander has to swallow hearing Robbe calling him 'teacher'. Why is his boyfriend such a tease. He doesn't even have to open his mouth and he already turns on Sander.

'Which album is it on?' Sander asks now.

'Ziggy Stardust. Actually The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars.'

'Very good!' Sander says proudly. 'Third one now.'

'That's an easy one,' Robbe says. The intro has just started and he already knows the answer. 'One of my favourite songs. Where are we now, The Next Day, 2003.'

'3 out of 3!' Sander says loudly. 'The day before yesterday this song was 7 years old, released on his birth day. Today is his date of death but I guess you found out during studying.'

Robbe nods.

'8 out of 10! That's very good,' Sander says after the last question of the exam. At first he wanted to make it 15 or even 20 questions but that would maybe have taken too long. It's already a surprise they haven't kissed each other during these 10 questions.

'So what is my reward now?' Robbe asks curiously.

'Your reward?'

'Come on, Sander, don't tell me there's no reward. Don't tell me I've studied for nothing,' Robbe says.

'You definitely didn't study for nothing!' Sander replies, a bit annoyed. 'You've learned some very important culture! But your reward, okay. Close your eyes. If I see you're watching you don't get a reward at all.'

Sander really had to think about a good reward. He could offer himself but that would be too easy. Too obvious.

'It's something I always got from my mother when I had good exams,' Sander explains. 'Another family tradition. Open your eyes.'

'A cake, wow, tasty,' Robbe says sincerely. 'You made it?'

Sander nods.

'Would I trust that?' Robbe laughs.

'It's a recipe of my mother so yes, you can trust it,' Sander laughs too.

'You're too good for me,' Robbe says. He stands up and gives Sander a kiss, Sander with the cake still in his hands.

'You're too good for me,' Sander replies. He puts the cake on his desk, pushes Robbe on his bed and takes off his shirt.

'And now the real reward,' Sander says, watching Robbe straight in the eyes.