#wtfock, 27/12, 14:38

'Did you enjoy it at the coast?' Sander asks Robbe.

'Yes, it was a very nice surprise.' Robbe and Sander both smile. 'It really felt like the first day we met. Except for that late night part, that didn't happen back then.' They smile again.

Robbe and Sander are walking in the direction of the police station. Something Robbe wanted to do almost two months ago. The day after the assault happened.

Robbe and Sander are back from the coast since an hour. Also today they did everything like they did it the last day at the coast. Cleaning the chalet, bringing the glass to the container and almost having a kiss there. Of course they couldn't resist to do it for real now. They really kissed now after they started laughing because Sander acted like Luca when she disturbed them that week in October. 'Wow, that waste smells bad.' On their way back to Antwerp they quickly ate something. Pizza.

'So you're sure about the date?' Sander asks. 'Because I don't remember it very well, I think I suppressed it.'

'Yes, I'm sure about it. We had our first official date Friday after I went to your school to apologize for what I said. That day was the day after the Day of Armistice.' Robbe is convinced about his case, but he wants to have it done.'

They enter the police office in Antwerp Berchem, Robbe first, Sander second. A police officer greets them.

'Mister Driesen,' he says. 'And your name is?' he asks Robbe.

'Robbe. Robbe IJzermans,' Robbe answers politely.

'We would like to file a complaint,' Sander says. 'Against unknown.'

The officer watches them both. 'Okay, please follow me.'

The officer, quite tall, brings Robbe and Sander to a smaller room. It looks quite like an interrogation room like in a movie.

'My colleague will come right away. Have a seat,' the officer says and he leaves the room.

Sander feels the urge to ask Robbe if this really was a good idea but he leaves it like that. He knows it's important for Robbe.

A female police officer enters the room now. 'So you would like to open a police report?' she asks.

'Yes,' Robbe answers. 'For homophobia.'

'Sorry for my question but I have to ask it,' the police officer says. Veerle is her name, her name tag tells. 'How do you know it was homophobia?'

'They called us faggots, ass fuckers when they saw us kissing on the street. They ran after us and beat us,' Robbe explains. Sander lets Robbe tell everything, he doesn't want to say too much.

'My mother heart would say you have to be careful, but in fact they just have to let you live your life. What date was it?'

'15 November.' Robbe also gives the name of the bar they were having a drink that evening.

'Okay, that's not too long ago. We can still check the camera footage.'

'But the place they beat us up was in an alley next to the bar,' Robbe says.

'Yes,' Sander replies now, 'but they already got us at the corner of it. Maybe that was visible on the camera. They were pursuing us, that must be recorded by the camera certainly.'

'We'll definitely check it. Did you go to the doctor? It would be better if we have an official form about the wounds you got.'

'No, sorry,' Robbe answers.

'That's a pity, but I'm not going to ask why. You're not the first ones to come that late and certainly not the last ones. There are people who don't go the police or the doctor at all, so it's good that you came now.'

Robbe and Sander answer a few more questions of the police officer and complete all formalities.

'Let's talk about something else now,' Sander says when they are outside. 'Something nice.'

'Like what?' Robbe asks.

'What are we going to do on New Year's Eve?'

'I haven't thought about it yet,' Robbe says. It's cold outside, but it doesn't rain. Robbe shuts his jacket anyhow.

'I feel like going to a gay party,' Sander says. 'Maybe our friends want to join us. It would be a nice experience for them and for us it would be the first time too. You know what they say about gay parties. Better parties, better music, you can be yourself...'

'Are you serious?' Robbe asks surprised. He thinks for a few seconds. 'Okay, why not.'

'Red&Blue. Or Bonaparte, we'll see,' Sander says. He lays his arm around Robbe while they walk back to Casa Milan & Zoë, where Robbe still lives for a few more days.