14- A date with my ex

It's been three days since our trip, everything was back to normal well almost I still couldn't forget the kiss and what he said at the campfire. I was so shocked, I avoided him after, I don't know why I always do that. It was a bad habit of mine, I needed to stop and try my best to handle situations better.

Now I was back at the office when I came back Marcus gave me a whole floor so I can work and later convince him to merge and expand his business in the world of fashion because I have decided to stay, it wouldn't hurt to work with him. I had an assistant and ten other people working for now. Milan dashion week was in a few weeks and we had to be ready .

We have been working so hard, I'm so proud of them all. We were all busy when suddenly someone came strolling into our work area, it was my brother Marcus followed by my assistant Mary.

"I'm sorry miss that I couldn't stop him," mary said, Marcus laughed

"I'm her boss which technically makes me your boss, so if I wanted to I could fire you," he said to mary cleary amused not angry, mary looked him dead straight in the eyes not fearing him like people usually did

"And that's where you go wrong dear brother, we're partners and you are surely not my boss," I said walking towards him to give him a hug. " And to who do I owe this visit, " I ask

Marcus scratch the back of his neck an action he does when he's nervous.

"What is it "

"Nothing "

"Spill," I said

"Do you remember that favor that I did for you "

"Favour," I asked puzzled

"I went out with that girl from the model agency that you wanted to land " ohh I thought he wanted to call in his favor

"And what do you want in return brother," I asked

"I need you to be someone date for tonight's fundraiser"

"Who "

"Jimmy Allen " I groan at the name, Jimmy Allen is my ex from high school, one of the many guys I dated to get a reaction out of James, well I never got one. He was always too busy stuck in his tongue down a cheerleader's throat.

"Please " he begged "I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't desperate," he says, well that's true.

"Fine "

"Thanks, I love you," he says walking away

"Love you too "

****

I stand before my standing mirror accessing my outfit one more time.

I was about the change for the seventh time when the doorbell rang

I was about the change for the seventh time when the doorbell rang. Why was I putting in so much effort for the likes of Jimmy Allen?

"Coming " I called out, putting on a pair of white heels then ran to the door.

I opened it to see James and Jimmy in the middle of a very intense staring match.

I rolled my eyes "If you too are done, I have a fundraiser to attend " they both snap their heads towards my direction. Upon seeing me they both gasped, then Jimmy started to grin like a cat that won the lottery. He took my hand in his and smirked at James. Oh, so that was what it's all about.

We walked to the car, Jimmy opened the door for me like a perfect gentleman, if I didn't know better. James slid into the driver's seat and let me tell you he was very pissed.

****

It's been an hour and all I wanted to do is go home and wrap up in bed and watch Netflix. I wanted to be anywhere but here, anywhere but with Jimmy. There is so much a girl can handle and Jimmy was really testing my limits.

I put on a fake simile and laugh at his lame jokes just for Marcus, this is all for Marcus. That and the satisfaction I get when I see how pissed James is in this situation. Jimmy and James have never gotten along and this was like rubbing salt in the wound.

Marcus comes over to Jimmy and they started talking business. I stood beside them, praying that Jimmy agrees to the deal so I can stop pretending.

"Well after Sophia goes on one more date with me, we will see how it goes "

Well, it looks like my prayers were not answered.

****

As promised another chapter right on time. I hope you like it, I feel in love with the chapter.

If you guys haven't seen it on my profile
I will be updating this story on :
Tuesday
Friday
Sunday

Bye