Chapter 23 - I need a break

** I hope you enjoy this chapter, surprise pov is included, enjoy **

Girlfriend

That word echoes in my head

I looked over at James, he was looking directly at me, he was still pale, his eyes wide, his mouth open and close like he wanted to say something but didn't know what to say

"Girlfriend" the word came out as a whisper, the pain I was feeling now was...... I couldn't describe it.

"Yes, girlfriend. She didn't know, James you're such a jerk  " she said, she looked so hurt. James didn't just play me, he played her too, we were both victims here, both foolish enough to fall for James Hernandez.

"No your not, Sophia you got to believe me? Lenna, we ended things long ago, we weren't even dating " James said, I wanted to believe him but this was James Hernandez, he's a playboy. People don't change and I was being stupid to think that he would change.

" Believe you........ I can't "

"Sophia-"

"I need time " a tear slip from my eye.

"Please don't do this "

"Do what " how could he.... " you did this, I can't believe I trusted you " how could he do this to me, to us. We were going so good, we were happy, how could he do this, did he think I was one of those girls that he slept with. He's a lying, cheating jerk and I can't believe I fell for him. Did he even mean it, did he even love me?

I walked out of the restaurant tears falling down my face, we drove here together and I wished we didn't. I walked past the car and started walking the direction home.

I took my phone out of my bag and dialed the first number that came to my head.

"Kate"

"Sophia, how are you? Why are you calling? How's the date going ?" she asked and all I could do was cry.

"Sophia, what's wrong " she was worried and I knew it

"I'll tell you later, can you please come tor me "

"Yeah, were are you " I looked up ahead and saw a supermarket.

"I'm at a supermarket about 5 minutes walk from the restaurant "

"Okay, I'm on my way, don't move " I hang up, I felt so lost. The pain I felt right now was worst than the first time he broke my heart.

Why did I get him my heart to hurt me again, why was I so stupid, why did I let myself fall for James Hernandez.

James P.O.V

I was so shocked, why the hell was Lenna here, what did she want?

I was clueless but after the next few minutes, I knew exactly why she was here, to cause trouble. And that she did and she was successful. I watched Sophia walking away with wide eyes when did this happen? One minute we were laughing and discussing our future plans, then the next she was asking for a break and walking away.

I looked around, everyone was looking at us, their phones were out. They were videoing everything, they recognized Sophia, how could I be so stupid thinking that people wouldn't notice her, we were in New York for crying out loud.

No, no, no.

I quickly walked out of the restaurant, this can be happening, on top of losing Sophia...what am I thinking, I haven't lost her and I won't let that happen. Sophia was nowhere to be seen, where would she go.

Home, she might be home. But how would she get there, the car was in the parking lot. Maybe she called kate to pick her up, Kate lived in the suburbs also, she was actually the one would tell us about the place in which we currently reside.

They must already be on their way, I hopped into the car and drove home taking a short cut. When I arrived I didn't see any car in the driveway, did I arrive before them or did kate just drop her off?

"Sophia " I called out when I entered the house and I received no answer, I called Sophia's phone but she didn't pick up, of course, she wouldn't pick up. She must be mad and hurt right now.

I waited and waited for her to arrive but she never did.

Sophia never came home that night, but why would she, I failed her.