-Chapter One-

~All you want is for somebody to find you~

T.W: suicide attempt, injury.

      After school, end of October. It was supposed to just be a walk for Evan. He didn't even think he was going to climb a tree. 

      But seeing how grand and tall the oak tree stood, and how beautiful it looked... he just felt like he needed to. He raced to the top, looking over at... the whole world it seemed. But it really wasn't. That's when the weight of everything came crashing down. 

      Everything was so big, and he felt like he was just a meaningless spec. He felt small. There was so much effort and pain into doing everything, and he just wanted it all to stop. His mom always said that giving up wasn't an option, but what if it was? It always has been. His mom was another thing. He was just a waste of money. And time. Not like she gave him any of that. But the real question is, would anybody notice if he disappeared? 

      So. Here Evan was; hanging from a branch, slowly losing his grip. Tears running down his cheeks, he looks up at the sky, muttering a 'Stratus' with a small smile. He did that every now and then. Looking up at the sky and saying the name of the first cloud he laid eyes on.

      He chewed on his lip, taking, what he thought was, his last breath. He let the branch slip through his fingers, the rough bark scratching the inside of his palms. He bit back a scream as he fell to the ground, watching the leaves as he rushed past them.

      Everything went black as he hit the ground, letting out a grunt.

      ...what Evan didn't know is that Michael was there too.

     Michael wasn't having the best day. His best friend, Jeremy, just randomly started to ignore him. He wasn't really used to it, and he was so confused. What did he even do? He decided to clear his head and walk through a nearby park. He had his headphones plugged in, the lyrics and voice of Bob Marley swimming around his brain. He stared up at every tree he passed by, letting his feet take him where they wanted.

      He finds himself at a gorgeous golden meadow, looking up at a huge oak tree. But what else he saw made his jaw drop. A boy, that looked about his age, falling from the tree and to the ground. A fall that could kill him.

      A sickening and small crack echoed through the field, and Michael grimaced. 

"Shit shit shit," he cursed under his breath.

      He sprinted over to the tree, trying to comprehend what just happened. Everything was happening so fast. It was too sudden. 

      Evan groaned as he reopened his eyes, taking in the light of the sky. But then a numbing and aching pain coursed through his left arm, and he let out a high pitched whimper. Are you supposed to feel pain when you die? 

      He looked down at his aching limb, eyes widening. Are arms supposed to bend that way? He looked away, feeling the sudden urge to vomit. He was supposed to be dead.

      Michael crouched down by the injured boi, trying to meet his eyes, and glancing at his arm with an obvious flinch.

"H-hey, can you hear me?"

"Y-yeah," Evan croaked out, closing his eyes out of pain. "Ouch- help. Please?"

       Michael nodded, and picked Evan up bridal style, carefully avoiding his injured arm. Evan squeaked in surprise, and the slushie boi bit back a smile. It was then that the both of them took in each other's appearance. Evan stared up at Michael's brown eyes hiding behind his glasses, his black curly hair almost like a mop on top of his head. His tan skin almost hid his light and natural flush on his cheeks, it just made him seem more friendly, and that made Evan relax slightly. He was wearing a red hoodie that was covered in pins and patches, which added more character to his whole look. Along with dark blue jeans.