-Chapter Seven-

~And what came before won't count anymore, or matter. Can we try
that?~

T.W: Suicide attempt

(Yeah... we've still got some angst. B u t this will end in fluff. Promise.)

      Michael bit back a sob, shaking his head and looking away from Evan.

"Evan... please. Just... just leave," he begged quietly.

"N-no! You're being ridiculous! I'm not going to leave you. Put the pills down, Micha."

      Michael winced. This was going to be difficult, but he had his mind made up. He wasn't going to let the acorn talk him out of this.

"Evan. My mind is made up, okay? I don't want you to watch me do this, so leave."

"Why? Why are you 'd-doing this?'"

"I..." he sighed. "That friend? The one that's been ignoring me? He... he said something. And I feel so useless, and I completely fucked up our relationship," he paused.

"...Michael-"

"And I have depression and anxiety. I just... I never told you and I feel awful."

"Michael-!"

"And I'm doing this, and you can't stop me," he sniffed, lifting the pills up to his mouth again. "I know you don't feel the same way I do about you, so please-"

"M-MICHAEL!!!"

      He froze. He never heard Evan yell, and the fact that he just did made him panic more. Evan crouched down shakily, picking the left over pills up and placing them into the dropped bottle as Michael lowered his hand.

"I do feel the s-same way, okay? Just... when you did that I panicked."

      Michael shook his head, backing up more against the counter.

"No. No, you're just saying that-"

      Evan sighed, stepping closer and pill bottle still in his hand.

"I'm not 'just saying that," Michael. Y-you mean the world to me, and we've only known each other for... what? Three days? I already know I-I wouldn't be alive without you. You know why. I know w-why."

      The acorn dumped the remnants of the bottle into his palm, his eyes watering as Michael's widened.

"So go ahead. Do it. I don't want you to, t-there's so much that's waiting for you here. But just know that if you do swallow those pills, I-I-" he cut himself off as his voice wavered, tear falling down his cheek. "I'll swallow some t-too."

"Evan," Michael sobbed. "You can't k-kill yourself because I-"

"I don't w-want to live without you, Michael. We're in this together, whether you like it or n-not," he sniffed, wiping the tears from his eyes. "So choose. We both die, or w-we both stay alive."

      Michael has made up his mind. He wasn't staying alive today. He was going to die.

      But then Evan came into the picture. And the light that he was trying to avoid was blinding him from the darkness. It was still there, though. He could feel it, and he knew that he didn't have a choice.

"I-I-" Michael shut himself up, putting the pills up to his mouth once more.

      Then he saw Evan do the same, and everything froze.

"W-wait!" he cried, throwing the tablets away from himself as he saw them almost touching the tree boi's lips.

      Evan blinked, placing his down on the counter and looking up at Michael.