-Chapter Seven ½-

~Death is final and you cannot press rewind~

T.W: Suicide attempt, mention of self-harm... sorry not sorry, family problems, mention of drugs, mention of rehab. Y e-

Jared sniffed.

"Yeah... yeah, it's me."

Connor shook his head groggily, and tried to weakly shove him away.

"You're not supposed to be here. Just let me-"

"Die? Let you die? Fuck no. I told you right at this spot that I care about you-"

"But you told Jake that-"

"What I told Jake was a god damn lie, so he would leave us alone. And you do this to yourself? Connor, I just found a friend that I feel like I can be myself around. I don't want to lose that," he muttered, taking his phone out and dialing 911.

"I don't..." he started, not conscious enough to notice Jared mumbling into the phone. "It wasn't you that made me do this. You can't fix me. It's not your fault I'm so fucked up-"

"Hush," Jared demanded, getting off the phone. "Look. I'm not a doctor, so I'm sorry, but I had to call the-"

"No. Jared, no. My family is going to be involved, and-"

"And, I'll be with ya when they do come, okay? Right now just focus on staying awake. Tell me... something about yourself that I should know."

Connor relaxed slightly, leaning his head against the tree and letting out a soft sigh.

"Well... I'm bisexual-"

"You're what?" Jared asked a bit too excitedly.

"Bisexual. When you like guys and girls? If you're a homophobe you might as well leave me to-"

"Ah yes. I'm gay and homophobic. There's something you hear every day."

Connor's eyes widened.

"Gay? You're gay?!"

"As straight as a rainbow," he finger-gunned.

Connor snickered, shaking his head.

"But don't you always talk about girls and-"

"In case you haven't noticed, being gay in high school isn't necessarily 'ideal.' I'm the Insanely Cool Jared Kleinman. I've got a reputation to keep up."

"Oh my god Jared," Connor laughed lightly, yawning right after.

Jared's eyes widened as he quickly grasped the gravity of the situation again, clenching his jaw as Connor closed his eyes tiredly.

"Connor, no."

The meme teen slapped the side of his face semi-lightly, the other whining at the action.

"Jared stoooop."

"Connor. If you fall asleep, you die. So stay awake. Please."

The emo boi seemed more awake now, nodding groggily and shifting. Jared pursed his lips, thinking of a way to keep him awake and talking.

"What's your favorite... Disney movie?"

"I swear to god you actually hate me."

Jared snorted.

"Nah. Now c'mon. Spill."

"Well... I actually really like Frozen," he whispered.

"Shut up. No way," the cronch boi laughed.