-Chapter Nine ½-

~After all you put me through, don't say it wasn't true, that you were not the monster that I knew~

(I'm sorry I have a lot of pics of Connor, okay? He's my dark strange son-)

T.W: Talk of family problems, mention of suicide attempt and self-harm

      Connor stirred, eyes opening as he shot up.
"Morning sleeping beauty," Jared smirked.
      The emo boi yelped, nearly falling off the bed.

"Jesus fuck Jared, what the hell?!" he yelled, the cronch boi keening over with laughs and snorts.

      Connor couldn't help but smile at that.

"You should've seen your face! Oh my god-"

"Har har, laugh it up. I'm sorry that my reaction was completely rational."

"Ah," he sighed with a wheeze. "Keep telling yourself that."

"Fuck you."

"You wish."

      Connor's eyes widened and he looked down as he fought back a blush. "Geek," he mumbled.

"Emo."

"Hah. Jokes on you, I actually like that label."

"And I like the label geek, so we're even."

"Goddammit," Connor grunted.

      Jared, still quietly snickering, stood up and walked over to sit next to Connor on the bed.

"So you stayed overnight?" Connor asked.

"Yup. Accidentally fell asleep," Jared snorted. "How are you doing?"

"Well... I was basically rejected by my family, I'm in the hospital and I just attempted suicide. Again," he whispered the last bit, but Jared heard.

       He really wished he didn't, though.

"So I'm just peachy," Connor finished.

"The... thoughts getting to be too much, right?"

       Connor's head perked up at the question, looking off to the side again with a nod.

"You got a spare ponytail?" Jared asked.

       That made the other very confused, but he nodded and held out his forearm, revealing a black ponytail on his wrist.

      What terrified Jared is that Connor wouldn't show the underside of his arm. He crossed his arms before he could reach out and see make Connor let him see the cuts, clenching his jaw. The thing is he knew they were there, he just couldn't see them. And that was very nerve-wracking.

"Snap it," the meme teen instructed.

"What?"

"You heard me. Snap it against your wrist."

       Connor hesitantly did so, wincing slightly.

"Do that whenever your thoughts get too overbearing or if you ever want to... hurt yourself. You can always hang out with me, too. To make sure you don't do anything."

"Jared..." Connor mumbled, looking up at him. "Thank you."

"Of course. Don't mention it," he smiled. "Come on. You're good to go, so..." he trailed off, standing up and grabbing his keys.

"But you're car..."

"My bro dropped it off."

"You have a brother?"