-Chapter Two-

~There we go wondering how the world might look from up so high~

T.W: Mention of suicide attempt

      Evan looked to the side, bottom lip twitching in a pout, but still not moving his hand away. 

"I-It seemed like the only right answer a-at the moment. M-my mom and I aren't lucky f-financially, and that just makes me a b-burden. And I don't really have a-any friends. Just... just no one n-needs me around. I'm alone Michael. I d-didn't see a reason to stick a-around."

      Michael felt his eyes water, and he quickly blinked the tears away.

"Jesus Evan..."

      He sniffed, instantly looking panicked.

"I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have told you-"

"No. Evan, I'm glad you told me. Really. I know we just met, but I'm gonna be here however long you need me to be. I already care about you, and I want to be friends. I think we both need it." 

      The acorn's eyes watered, and he smiled brightly.

"Thank you."

Michael nodded, and kept his hand's on Evan's. The door opened and Michael pulled away, only to see Heidi, smirking, at the door way. 

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"No Ms. Hansen," Michael backs away. "I was just-"

"Oh please! Call me Heidi! What's your name hun?"

     Michael blinked, and smiled slightly.

"Michael Mell."

      She smiled back, giving him a hug.

"Okay, so now that I've met the mysterious friend, what in the world happened?" she asked. 

      Evan visibly tensed, and Michael cleared his throat. 

"It's kinda my fault, really," he answered. "We saw this amazing oak tree, and wanted to climb it. I guess... we just wanted to know how the world might look from up so high. But I was going too fast and Evan slipped. I got him to the hospital and uh... now we're here."

      Heidi looked off to the side in thought, and Evan stared at Michael like he was a saint. 

"God Evan. Who knew that trees would be your down fall," she joked with a slight eyebrow raise.

"Too soon," Evan muttered, obviously fighting back a smile. 

      Heidi chuckled, but then her smile fell. 

"You took your meds today, right? Do you need any Adderall? I think I have some in my purse," she muttered while digging through her bag. "And your Lexapro? What about your Arivan-?"

"MOM!" Evan snapped, glancing over at Michael.

      She froze, standing wide-eyed. 

"I'm sorry! I just figured- I'll go fill out some paper work. I'll be back in a bit sweetie," she apologized, rushing out the door. 

      Once the door closed, Michael stepped closer to Evan, and the acorn placed his hands over his face.

"So... depression, anxiety, ADHD and narcolepsy?"

      Evan's head shot up, and his breathing hitched.

"How did you... oh god. Y-you probably think I'm a freak or... first I try to.. now you know a-about-"