-Chapter Three-

~That guy from our school, Jared Kleinman? YES! THE INSANELY COOL JARED KLEINMAN!!!~

T.W: Mention of suicide attempt, crude jokes (obviously. It has Jared in it) and Beetlejuice spoilers

A few minutes after Michael got home and up to his room, his phone went off. He looked at his notifications, seeing a text from an unknown number.

'Hey! Is this Michael? It's Evan.'

Michael instantly brightened, saving the contact name as 'Ev🌳.'

'Sup Ev! Yeah, it's Michael.'

'Oh! Great! I was wondering if maybe you could start picking me up for school and drop me off from now on? If it's too much trouble that's fine. I was just wondering.'

'Sounds great Evan! I can definitely do that. Should I start tomorrow?'

'That's perfect. Thanks so much!'

After exchanging addresses and discussing times that would work out the best for them, the two boys signed off. Michael's moms got home soon after, and he ran downstairs.

"Hey mom! Hey mama!"

"Hey Mikey! How was your day?" his mom asked.

He ignored the fact that he froze for a second, and smiled.

"Just great."

"Oh hun, that's awesome! I'm about to make dinner, and it'll be ready in about a half an hour. Sound good?"

Michael smiled at his mama with a nod, and raced back upstairs. He plopped onto his bed, turning on his music and smiling. Today was a good day.

And little did he know, Evan was thinking the same thing.

~~~

The next day Michael woke up a little earlier, in order to pick Evan up on time. He threw his signature red sweatshirt and quickly combed through his hair. His usual morning routine.

He ran out the door, grabbing a piece of toast and saying bye to his moms. Once he got into his car he shot a text to Evan saying 'Be there in 10!' The acorn texted back a '👍☺' and he smiled before pulling out of the driveway.

Michael honked his horn once when he pulled up to Evan's, smiling once he took in the view of the house. It was light blue, and two trees in the front; one big with red leaves and the other small with green bristles. Probably a pine. The building was tiny and peaceful with two stories, a mahogany red door standing tall at the front.

Evan ran out, backpack slung over his shoulder and Michael's name obvious on his cast. That made Michael flush for some reason, and he couldn't quite place. The tree boi plopped into the passenger seat, smile spread across his face.

"You ready to get this show on the road?" Michael asked happily.

"Yup!" Evan giggled.

Michael smiled, and pulled out of the driveway.

"Hey! We can already start listening to the Beetlejuice soundtrack!" Michael grinned excitedly, turning on the Prologue.

Evan nodded with a chuckle, looking out the window and listening.

"Dang. This is sad," he muttered at the end of the song.

"Don't worry. It's just as funny as it is sad."

"That better be true. Because I could use some humor right about now," he giggles.

Michael smiles, and instantly lightens up when 'The Whole "Being Dead" Thing' turns on, already snapping to the beat. Evan smiled at his enthusiasm, already laughing at some of the jokes in the song. Michael couldn't help but start to sing along, loudly at that. The thing is; he didn't even notice.