-Chapter Four-

~clang clang clang clang, I feel the pressure blowing up!~

T.W: Mentions of suicide attempt, panic attack

      Michael glanced at Evan every now and then, taking in his appearance and company. It was really something he could get used to. Michael noticed the acorn apparently really liked polo's, as he was wearing another blue one today. It was checkered, with green, black, and dark blue stripes, topped off with light blue jeans, fluffy hair, and dark red low-top Converse. That made Michael smile a bit.

      'Dead Mom' came on, and the slushie boi instantly turned the volume up. Evan was about to ask about his enthusiasm, but Michael instantly shushed him. 

"You'll like this one. It's one of my favorites."

      Michael watched as Evan began to slowly light up as he listened to it, smiling brightly. 

"I actually really do like it!"

"And this isn't even the best song," Michael pointed out. "You're gonna love 'Home' and 'What I Know Now.'"

    Evan remained grinning, picking at his cast with a sigh as it changed to the next song. Michael frowned, taking a hold of Evan's hand and lightly tugged it off, letting go once he was done. 

"Don't do that Ev. You'll ruin it."

      The boy nodded with a shrug, leaning back and listening to the song again. 

      A while later, they finished 'That Beautiful Sound,' which Evan did not like 'Girl Scout,' and they were standing up, getting ready to go. 

"Thanks for sitting by m-me during lunch Michael. It means a lot."

"Of course Evan! Just remember to text me if you need anything, kay?"

"Y-yeah. 'Course," he grinned.

"Alrighty. I'll walk you to your locker, then I gotta go."

      Evan nodded, walking back into the building with Michael, glancing up at him. 

"S-so... do you always wear your hoodie?"

      Michael chuckled.

"Only take it off at night or when I absolutely have to."

      The acorn snickered as he reached his locker, sighing.

"Well... thanks again Michael."

"Don't mention it, Ev. I'll meet you here at the end of the day?"

      He nodded in confirmation, smiling as he began to open his locker. Michael saluted a goodbye as he walked away, Evan doing the same awkwardly and grabbing his stuff as Michael walked down the hallway.

~~~

      Passing period between classes 5-6th. Evan's least favorite time of day. It used to be lunch, up until today when Michael started sitting by him. His 6th period teacher didn't let the students inside the classroom until the bell rang. Which means Evan has to roam the hallway until he can actually go to class. The hallway, other than the cafeteria, is literally the worst place in school. Bumping into people left and right, that awkward random eye contact he would make with people, the feeling of people talking about him...

      He hated it.

      But he usually just hangs out by his locker until a minute before the bell rings. Passing period lasts five. Five whole minutes of just standing there, waiting for the bell to ring. It always made his anxiety go haywire.