Chapter 37

"Now Thor, your brother is still a baby. He can't play with you like the other boys. You apologize to him right now." The Allmother held the sobbing raven-haired toddler in her hands, bouncing him on her knee so he would quiet. Thor had pushed Loki to the ground, wanting to wrestle, which made Loki cry and cry.

Thor made a face, tugging on his soft shirt in frustration. "B-But if he is so wittle'... then he won' remember anyway." Excuses excuses.

"Thor you apologize right now."
Frigga said sternly, letting Loki down on the floor to see Thor in the face. The tearful toddler looked around with big green eyes and up to the boy that pushed him.

Thor tugged more on his shirt before shutting his eyes tight, sniffling, then kissing Loki's head quick. "I'm sowwy Loki!"

And all was forgiven.

***

Tony found the god of thunder sitting in the communal, working on what looked like his fifth box of Poptarts, and surrounded by twelve more. It looked like he'd finish before the hour was up, judging from the rapid consumption. Tony sighed. At this rate, he'd have to denounce his billionaire title because of having to buy so many damn PopTarts.

"Hey Pikachu," Tony greeted warmly, walking past the moping deity to grab his StarkPad off the table. "How's it going?"

Thor sighed heavily, squeezing a cookie dough Poptart box as though it were a teddy bear. "I am...troubled, friend Stark."

Oh boy. Impromptu therapist Tony to the ready then. I should really start charging for all these deity therapy sessions.

Tony ran over to grab a box of tissues, setting it between them before pushing over a stool and plonking himself on it Thor's fat- and fairly fit although Tony would never admit to such a thought- ass was taking up the whole damn sofa.

"Alright Hammer Time. Let's hear it."

***

Loki was wandering around the tower; Natasha's spontaneous mission in Prague had him feeling lonelier than ever, and wandering the corridors seemed like the best use of his time. He'd gained some vaguely stable mobility in his legs over the past few days (the fast progress no doubt thanks to his inherent nature to heal and develop much faster), and the medieval contraption with wheels was only brought out for long distance travels.

Loki had just passed the communal room when he heard a trumpet like sound blasting out from it. The opaque doors allowed Loki to make out two figures sitting on a sofa; one being Thor judging from size and that sonorous blow of his nose, and another, much smaller. It could've been any one of those mortals to be honest, excluding the Captain and Natasha.

Norns above did he wanted her back.

Loki listened to Thor's blubbering, and it took him a good while to realise Thor was speaking of their little...spat a few nights ago. They hadn't spoken since.

"I don't know what to do, how to speak to him about this. He... Every time I reach out to him, he pushes me away. I just want my brother back," Thor blubbered, voice broken like he was fighting tears.

Outside the door, Loki's heart broke and he finally stepped forward, saying, "We cannot return to what we were, Thor, you must know that."

Thor and the other person in the kitchen jumped, and Loki was surprised to recognise Stark. "Holy shit, you're a creeper!" Stark managed around a bite of his sandwich. "How'd I manage to forget you're a creeper? You're like Clint and Natasha... Fuck, I don't need that many creepers in my tower. My heart can't take this..."