Chapter 48

A/N: Hi! Many things to address OML.

Firstly, thank you so so so much for 20K!! This story has grown within such a short time and just...wow. There are no words for this, truly. ❤️❤️

Now I'll reveal the thing I was working on! (I hope you guys are viewing this on a phone)

It's not as good as it could've been, mainly because it's been a while since I'd last drawn, and my mother accidentally put a large pen mark on Loki's face which I failed to Tipex out (you can see exactly where it is ick), hence the mask

It's not as good as it could've been, mainly because it's been a while since I'd last drawn, and my mother accidentally put a large pen mark on Loki's face which I failed to Tipex out (you can see exactly where it is ick), hence the mask. But the mask is symbolic of this being drawn during coronacation soo... :))

Secondly, I beg forgiveness for my long absence. To summarise this month: drawing, parents, eating disorder, drawing, hayfever, parents, drawing, eating disorder, reading, drawing, parents, eating disorder— a lovely endless little loopy cycle.

‼️There's also a link in my profile which leads to a website with a lot of petitions for people to sign and charities to donate to in aid of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement. I don't give a flying, flaming fuck what your race, gender, sexuality is—I love you anyway, and I hope you, your friends and your family are keeping safe and well. ❤️

Now that I've addressed just about everything...onwards! (my writing's probably a tad rusty so I'm sorry if this chapter's a little icky)

The week of pranks ended up as one of the most chaotic periods in the history of Stark Tower. Sporadic screeches often echoed through the Tower, followed by a wonderful display of just how many profanities the Avengers collectively knew.

It took Natasha longer than it should have to figure out the deeper intentions of the prank war. Of course, she had been a little sidetracked by incidents of the prank war, one being how her wardrobe had been changed to an entirely hideous monochromatic pink colour scheme. Vengeance had been exacted on Clint by exchanging his entire wardrobe for scarlet lacy lingerie.

Unfortunately, oblivious to the true objectives of the prank war only two days in, her wardrobe malfunction was currently the biggest problem on her mind. And as such, in five minutes she had a meeting with Nick Fury.

***

The elixir of the midday sun remedied the sky of the more persistent clouds, turning the sinfully mischevious eyes of the trickster to honeyed deep forest pools.

"I approve." Loki laughed, ducking just in time as Natasha came to swat him, her hair a more ferocious red than usual, powered by either her questionably jokey fury or her rather striking outfit. If Natasha ever gathered up the will (or became outstandingly and imprudently suicidal), she'd go back to the Red Room and ask them to add "public humiliation" to their curriculum.