Chapter 5

Hope was a liar, destiny was a cheat, but love, love was a thief, it takes whats ours, what is meant to be blinded by beauty we refuse to see, it opens our hearts and closes our eyes, but while we're busy dreaming, it steals us blind.

"Alright Michael, you can go sit next to Julie in the back over there." I manage to hear the teacher say through all the noisy high school students.

Luke's eyes shoot up and scan the room at the mention of my name.

"Okay." Michael grins in response.

I see Luke say something to this Michael guy, making his grin completely drop. Luke's face was stern.

Luke exits the class room leaving Michael standing there for a bit before he walks over to me.

"Aye, you're Julie right?"

"Yeah." I say

"Have you ever watched the show, American Horror Story?" He casually asks while taking a seat.

"No, why?" You ask, confused.

"Because this will be yours." He smirks.

"Huh?" I say.

"Nothing." He laughs. "You're cute you know that?" He tells me with a wink.

"Are you hitting on me?" I laugh. "Trust me you don't want to, I mean, why choose a dandelion in a field of roses?"

"Not everyone can be a rose, babe. Some may find roses too prickly, some may find roses a bit too red, some may find roses a bit too fragile, and many would prefer a dandelion instead."

I shake my head with a giggle.

"I'm not joking." He says.

Michael was attractive, but I just didn't see him like one of those guys that wanted a real relationship. I felt like one night stands were his thing.

"Don't reject me like that." He laughs. "Remember, humans are like glass, all of us are fragile creatures. Made up of broken hearts and broken promises." His smile was gone by the time he said the last word.

"I know." I sigh.

I honestly hated myself sometimes. Not sometimes, always.

I would smile, but still feel sad

I would laugh, but still feel like crying

I had friends, but still felt lonely,

I would feel happy, but still find my blades at night,

Point is, I was broken and no one cared. No one actually cared for me and that just gave me more motivation to hate myself.

"You're different." Michael finally speaks up.

"I know. I'm a suicidal, unwanted, cutting freak." I blurt out. What the hell had I just said. My thoughts had literally taken over.

"Huh?" Michael looks at me confused. "I meant like in a good way and I honestly wouldn't mind trying to figure you out." He smiles, a genuine smile.

"You wouldn't want to." I shake my head, while looking at my arms, covered by my sleeves.

"Why is it the beautiful things that are so easily broken by the world." He shakes his head, taking my arm. I flinch a little as the pain of him grabbing my fresh cuts shoot through my arm.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"Its alright." I fake a laugh.

He pulls my sleeves up, I was instantly grateful that we had sat in the back of the class. I couldn't believe I was letting him do this. I had barely met him, but it felt like I had known him for years.

He gasps.

"This is hell." I say, a single tear rolling down my cheek. "But I was expecting more fire." I say with a weak laugh as I wipe the tear away.

~~~

hey guys! :)

how do you guys feel about me putting michael into the story? be honest.

more drama coming soon so yeah look forward to that.

quick question though.

do you guys want to see more smut or fluff in this story?

dont forget to vote and like always ily guys xx