Epilogue

The nights are hard when I'm alone and all I can think about is how you used to make sure I wasn't.

I had to talk to Luke. My body craved it. I didn't care if it was 3am. I felt like I would go insane if I didn't hear from him for one more second. I turn on my dorm's light, thankful that I didn't have a roommate. I frantically search for my phone and call Luke's number.

"Hello?" He says, his voice tired, making it clear that he had been sleeping.

"Luke." I whisper into the phone. Tears prickle the corners of my eyes.

"Julie?" He mumbles.

"I'm sorry I woke you up. I just needed to hear your voice." I say.

"Princess, I miss you."

My throat closes up. I've been waiting for him to tell me he still thought about me at night when he couldn't sleep and now that he finally said it, I just wanted to grab him and kiss him, but I can't fucking breath.

I wasn't a drinker but every day and every night I'd rather drown my sorrows in a bottle of alcohol than ever have another thought about him and how he broke my fucking heart.

"I miss you too." I cry into the phone.

"I love you, Julie." He tells me.

"Please don't say something you don't mean."

"I'm sorry for everything." I hear him take a deep breath. "Please forgive me." I hear his voice crack through the phone. "I can't live knowing I caused you this much pain."

I breath in. "I'm sorry Luke, but I have to go." I hang up.

Luke continues to call throughout the night so I decide to turn my phone off.

When I wake up in the morning I turn my phone back on. 35 missed calls from Luke and 1 voice mail. I play the voice mail.

"When you close your eyes and sleep peacefully, I'll be with you always. When you think you are alone and no one is watching, I am. Or maybe when you are alone and crying, and you think no on hears, I do. I may be dead by the time you hear this, but darling, I could never leave. I'll be with you always."

And just as you guessed it, Luke committed suicide that night. He was found in his room that morning, his wrists bloody. Yes, Luke committed suicide in the same room we had both made so many memories in.

When I found out about his suicide, I lost it. Every part of me shattered and there was just no way of fixing me anymore.

Now here I am, 2 days later, a bottle of pills in my hand. I've made my decision. I've made my decision of finally being happy because finally, for once, my heart will stop beating for Luke.

Who knew this would be how my love, for a boy I met in the 5th grade, would end.

~~~

hi and bye :((

well there it is. this is the ending of since the 5th grade // luke hemmings

wowow writing this story was such an amazing journey and im actually super sad rn someone cry with me.

PLEASE tell me how you felt about this whole story

and for the last time, ily all so much and dont forget to vote xx