Chapter 20

"Of course I do." He says. "That is when I fell in love with you, why wouldn't I remeber?"

"I dont know, maybe because it was just a stupid phone." I say.

"But who knew a stupid phone could start all of this." He replies.

I look up at him. "What if I told you I still had it?" I smirk.

"I would think that was awesome." He laughs. He looks over at the donut box and takes one out. "Let me feed it to you, yeah?" He smirks.

"No, I think I'm capable of eating a donut by myself." I laugh.

"You make it so hard to love you." He groans.

"Then don't." I snap.

"I may have said its hard to love you, but I never said that I was going to give up." He smiles at me before planting a kiss on my lips.

I attack him with a hug, making him drop the jelly filled donut.

"I love you so much Hemmings." I say.

"I love you so much Carter." He says kissing my forehead.

I finally let go of him. Luke looks at the donut disappointed. "We wasted a good donut." He sighs.

"Idiot." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"You know what I've been thinking of lately?" He asks me.

"What?" I respond.

"Kissing you." He says, kissing me. This kiss was rather long, but I didn't mind.

"Luke, you do know that I'll have to go home sooner or later, right?" I tell him.

He groans. "Stay just one more night. Please." He says.

"I don't have any clothes." I tell him.

"How about this?" He tells me, taking my hand in his. "We go over to your house, pick up everything you need, and we come back to my place."

"Deal." I say. "I just hope my mom isn't home so I don't get bitched at." I sigh.

"You don't like your mom?" He asks me, clearly confused.

I had forgotten. Luke didn't know about my bad relationship with my mom.

"Not really." I sigh. "Lets just say she can be physically and verbally abusive at times." My eyes swell with tears.

"Don't worry, angel. I'll go in with you. I love you and I wouldn't let anyone or anything hurt you."

I give him a weak smile. A few tears had escaped my eyes and he wipes them away with his thumb.

He pulls me in for a hug. "It'll be alright." He whispers into my ear, comforting me.

"What do you think will be left of us at the end?" I ask him.

"I guess we'll just have to wait to find out." He replies.

We end up falling asleep on the grass for a few more hours, Luke's arms around me, almost as if he were protecting me. His skin was warm, his eyes shut, sleeping peacefully.

I didn't want to wake him, but I knew it was getting and I had to get clothes from my house. I knew his house was close to mine, but I didn't want to risk walking back as night approached.

I slide out of Luke's arms and pray that I hadn't woken him. As I'm about to get off the grass, Luke grabs my arm, making me slightly jump. "Where are you going babe?" He asks me. His eyes still shut.

My heart flutters. He had called me babe.

"I didn't want to wake you, but its getting late and I need to get some clothes from my house, remember?" I tell him.

"So you were going without me?" He asks, sitting up.

"Pretty much." I say.

"Well now I'm awake and we can both go." He laughs.

On the walk to my house we don't talk about much. We just admire the sunset. Wow, this day had gone by really fast.

I take a deep breath as I open my house's door.

"It'll be alright. I'm right here." Luke reassures me.

"What the hell Julie! Where have you been! I'd been worried! Who's this?" My angry mom storms out from the kitchen.

"How can you be worried when you're the one that kicked me out!" I yell at her. "And this is Luke, my boyfriend." The words rolled off my tongue in a weird way.

My mom scoffs. "Your boyfriend. You know what he just wants you for. Don't be so stupid. He's going to leave you right after he gets in your pants."

"You're telling me that when you're the one that lets one hundred guys in your pants at a time. And I don't think its your problem if he wants to get in my pants." I say.

"It actually is because I don't want to raise another baby." She yells.

"Another baby? Which baby have you raised. You didn't raise me that's for damn sure! A fucking dog could've raised me better than you, you're so pathetic." I laugh. "And I'm damn sure I would be a better mom than you ever would. But you know whats funny? You think I would let you take care of my baby if I ever had one. Well think again because I would never let an innocent baby be in the hands of a psycho bitch. That's all you are. A psycho bitch that emotionally scared an innocent girl that used to have dreams!"

Luke rubs my back, telling me to breath.

"I just came to get some clothes and that's it." I say calming myself.

"Great, I hope to never see your face again." She tells me.

"Wow, I could tell how worried you were about me." I say.

"Lets just go, Julie." Luke mumbles.

~~~

hi guys :)

idek how you guys are gonna feel about this part but yeah i just hope you guys enjoyed

dont forget to leave a vote and like always ilyasm xx