Chapter 23

Julie's P.O.V

3rd period or gym soon comes and I head to where the girls and boys locker rooms are to change into my gym clothes. I usually walk with my head down and today was no different.

"Sorry!" I apologize, my head still down, when I bump into someone on the way there.

I hear a familiar chuckle come from the person.

I look up and see Luke in front of me. "Luke." I smile as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Can I tell you something?" He asks me.

I nod.

"I know this is going to sound selfish but I don't care." He says.

"Go ahead." I tell him.

"Alright." He lets out a sigh. "I love you." He says.

"Idiot." I boop his nose.

He laughs before kissing my forehead.

"I wish you could see me change again, but I'm afraid they would suspend both you and me. I'll see you after we both change." He laughs, letting me go.

"Alright." I giggle.

I walk into the girls' locker room and shockingly, Melly wasn't there. Had she went home early?

I quickly change into my gym clothes and head into the gym. Luke was by one of the basketball courts, but I didn't know if I should go to him, I mean... what if his friends were around?

"Julie!" He yells across the whole gym. He stands there smirking and motioning for me to go to him.

I hesitate a bit when I see his friends with him too, but then finally go over to him.

When I finally get to him, he gives me a hug. He doesn't tell his friends anything, doesn't even introduce me, which hurt a little.

I see his friends eyeing me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh shit." He mumbles, scratching his head. "I forgot, this is Julie... my girlfriend." He says.

His friends smirk. "Nice, Hemmings." Says one of them.

"You know whats better?" He laughs. "I could do this." He says grabbing my ass in front of all his friends.

I jump up a bit, not expecting it and push him away, angry. "What the fuck?" I tell him, anger clear in my voice. Did he think I was just some circus monkey in front of his friends?

You could hear a few ooo's coming from his group of friends.

"Julie it was a joke." He laughs.

My blood starts to boil. Not because of what he said, but because of how he said it. He said it as if I had known from the begginning he was joking, as if hes done that to all his girlfriends and they didn't get angry, so he didn't expect me to either.

"Everything is a fucking joke to you, huh?" I say.

His friends stay quiet.

"Princess, I didn't mean to upset y-" He starts.

"Don't princess me." I point a finger at him.

"Julie." He tries to pull me into a hug. At this point all his friends had walked away and left him and me alone.

"You have to understand Luke." I take a deep breath, understanding that I might have overreacted. "You can't just do that."

"I'm sorry... Its just that none of my other girl-" He stops noticing what he was saying wrong. He scratches his head awkwardly. "I mean-"

"What do you mean, Luke?" I ask him.

"Just please forget it please." He begs.

"Fine, but only because I love you." I say with a pouty face.

"I love you." He tells me.

I let out a pfft.

The 4th period bell quickly rings as I head to math class.

Ashton is sitting in his regular seat which is next to mine. I start to get nervous, I feel my hands start to get sweaty, and I start to bite the insides of my cheeks. I knew Ashton would be upset of he found out me and Luke were dating, especially since he told me I didn't deserve to be treated badly by him, but truth was, Luke was a sweetheart and I knew he never meant to hurt me.

Ashton stays quiet for the whole class period, but then the bell rings.

"Were you planning to tell me?" He says, only loud enough for me to hear, when I start to pack up my stuff.

"Tell you what?" I ask.

His jaw clenches.

"About you and Luke."

I don't say anything for a moment. "I didn't see how that would concern you." I say a little harshly.

He slams his binder on the desk, a few people turn to look at us.

"I told you you deserved so much better, but no, what does little miss Julie do when some tells her something? She does the complete opposite." He says raising his voice.

"My love life is none of your concern Ashton." I say raising my voice too.

I knew Ashton cared for me but it was none of his business to know who I was and wasn't dating. He wasn't anything to me.

"I'm telling you. When he breaks your heart all you're going to do is cry and tell me how I was right. Luke never looks for anything serious. He's probably playing you right now." He says.

"Don't talk about Luke like that! I know Luke would never do anything to hurt me." I tell him.

"Yeah of course he would never do anything to hurt you, but he would do something for you to hurt yourself." He yells at this point.

"Leave her alone, Ashton." I hear someone from the class doorway call. I look to see who it was and there was Luke, walking in. "She's mine and I want you to stay the fuck away from her. Is that clear?" He tells him, his eyes dark.

"No can do Luke." Ashton shakes his head. "Because she was mine too... a couple of days ago to be exact. The day I tool her virginity, you know, before you did. The night she told me that I would probably be better than you anyways." He laughs. "The whole neighborhood heard her screams." He smirks.

Before I knew it Luke's fist flew across Ashton's face, hitting him right I'm the jaw. I swear I heard a crack.

"Ah shit." He mumbles as he rubs his jaw with his hand. "I know she doesn't deserve your sorry ass and you know what? Taking her before you did was the best decision I've ever made."

Luke was about to throw another punch but I stop him. "Please Luke." I say.

"All I have to say to you is that you better stay the fuck away from her." Luke says, me holding him back from swinging at him again.

"I think that's her decision to make." Ashton responds.

"Let's go, Julie." Luke says, swallowing his words. He takes my hand rather roughly and leads me to a lunch table outside.

~~~

hellooo

i actually dont have anything to say today except dont forget to vote and ily all xx