Chapter 24

As Luke sits across from me, I hear him let out a deep breath. I was afraid of saying something because I knew he was angry and I was actually quite frightened of angry Luke.

After a while he speaks up. "You never told me you and Ashton..." He swallows. "Had something."

"We didn't. I was just staying at his house that night and one thing lead to another and..." I stop. "But Luke, I told him right after that we were absolutely nothing. And anyways... this was before me and you were even anything."

"It doesn't matter." He says, slamming his hand on the table, making me flinch a bit.

"I'm sorry." He scratches the back of his head. "I-I just wanted to be the first." His voice cracks a bit. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I felt so guilty.

"It doesn't matter if you aren't the first, Luke. You're the first person I truly loved." I say. "That's all that matters."

"I guess." He sighs, not completely convinced.

"C'mon Luke. Don't let what Ashton says bother you." I tell him. "I love you."

"No, it does bother me because I know Ashton wants you." He takes a deep breath. "And Ashton gets everything he wants."

"Ashton isn't getting me. Stop worrying." I tell him, reaching for his hand. He pulls his hand away.

"You can't tell me that when he already did." He says, his eyes dark.

The bell for 5th period soon rings and Luke stands up. "I'll see you after school." He mumbles without giving me a last hug or kiss.

"Alright." I say after he had already walked away.

I walk into my 5th period class and there sat Michael, next to my desk like every other day. I give him a small smile as I walk over to him.

"Someone seems happy." He laughs as I sit down.

"Well I am." I smile.

"Is it because you and Luke maybe?" He smirks.

"How is everyone finding out this fast?" I ask.

"Everything goes around this school." He smirks. "And I mean everything."

What did he mean by everything?

5th and 6th period goes by quite fast today surprisingly and I find myself half jogging, half skipping out of 6th period.

"Woah woah princess, what's the rush?" Luke stops me a soon as he sees me. He seemed in a much better mood.

"Nothing." I laugh. "Just happy that schools finally out."

"Me too." He smirks.

I smile at him then we start making our way back to his house. The first few minutes are spent in silence, but then I finally speak up. "So how was your day?" I ask him.

"It was good." He says with a small smile. "You made it even better though." He says cheekily.

I playfully roll my eyes at him. "How was yours?" He asks.

Luke's P.O.V

"How was yours?" I ask her. I knew that sometimes people like Julie had to let everything go, to talk to someone like a diary, to let some steam off and I was totally okay with that.

"It was alright I guess." She says. "Just a little stressed about homework and projects, but I'll be alright." She fakes a smile. She thought I didn't notice when her smiles were faked but I did. I noticed everything. The way her eyes lit up when she saw me, even before we dated. The way her eyes were dark and tired on other days. The way she tried to avoid any eye contact with people. The way her voice would shake when she talked to someone new. The way her hand trembled as she picked up something as simple as a pencil. The way her voice cracked when she was on the verge of tears. The way she always covered her hands with her sleeves. The way her voice would come out shaky if asked something. The way she licked her lips when thinking of something.

She could deal with stress and carry heavy burdens. She smiled when she felt like screaming and she sang when she felt like crying. She cried when she was happy and laughed when she was afraid. Her love was unconditional. There’s only one thing wrong with her, she forgets what she’s worth.

"I'll help you with anything, princess. Don't worry." I stop walking and give her a hug.

Julie's P.O.V

I love him. I love everything about him.

His voice is mesmerizing, he could get me to do anything with that voice. His smile is contagious, every time he smiles I can’t help but smile back. His eyes are something I could easily get lost in and I guess I kind of did. His smell is intoxicating, it’s what lets me know that I am home. 

Everyone else might not think that he is as perfect as I think he is, but I don’t care. I love him and when you love someone even their so called flaws become beautiful.

I couldn't control my feelings, but I hated how they could control me.

"Thank you." I tell him as we're hugging.

We make it to his house.

"Do you want something to drink, angel?" He asks when we first step inside.

"Yes, milk please." I say.

He gives me a weird look. "Milk?" He asks.

"Yes." I say returning the weird look. "Milk is a beverage isn't it?" I ask.

"I don't think so." He laughs.

"It is!" I say.

"No it isn't." He laughs. "Princess, what would you say if I said I wanted you to move in. Not like in here though. I mean like I buy an apartment and we move in together." He tells me, a huge smile on his face.

I gasp. "Don't you think its a little too soon Luke?"

"No. C'mon. Please. Just think about it. I'll let you play with my hair. I won’t complain about the almost empty milk carton in the fridge. I'll eat your cucumbers and your eggplant because you hate them. I'll watch Christmas movies with you, even though they make me sad. I'll remind you to never settle for less than you deserve. I'll love you even when I’m mad at you. I'll make you coffee in the morning and I won’t expect you to talk until you’ve finished it. I'll close the closet doors. I'll decide which movie to watch. I'll go hiking with you. I'll hold you and let you talk about the things that have never been said. I'll tell you everything I love about you until you can’t find a single thing you hate about yourself. I'll marry the shit out of you. I'll be patient with you. I'll encourage you to follow your dreams. I'll sing to you. I won’t argue with you when you tell me that milk is a beverage. Okay, maybe I will. Milk is not a beverage, babe. I'll let you fall asleep on my chest. I'll dance around the kitchen with you. I'll be honest with you. I'll raise children with you and encourage them to be like their mom, so they will grow up to be loving, kind, strong and bold. I'll travel with you. I won’t leave your side when the going gets tough, I will take your hand. I will love you, always. I promise." He says.

~~~

hello hello

yes there is a new update in just 13 hours

i rlly want popcorn you guys do not understand omg

anyways tell me how you felt about this part and yeah ilyasm and dont forget to vote :) xx