Chapter 1

Dippers POV

Dipper had to admit, he couldn't wait to meet his soulmate. He had heard so many wonderful stories about colour, what it looks like, and the feeling that it creates inside of you. He can't wait to see everything for the first time again, and he can't wait to find the person who he will be inexplicably connected to.

For you see, in Dippers universe, everyone saw in black and white until they met their soulmate, but they had to touch in some way for it to work. They could be platonic or romantic, it depended on who they were and each persons own attraction to people. Dipper didn't really mind whether his soulmate was platonic or romantic, he was just excited to meet them.

"Heyo!" Mabel jumped up behind Dipper who was eating his breakfast and choked on his food.

"Mabes, don't jump up behind me, how many times have I told you now?" He laughed whilst shaking his head, Mabel tended to get over excited about everything, which lead to Dippers life being a minefield of jump scares as well as, 'is she dying or fangirling?'

"A lot, but that's not important Dipping-Dots because," she did a drum roll on the table, "We start our second to last year of high school today!" She yelled, Dipper covered his ears as Mabel threw glitter over the table.

"I'm not cleaning that up." Stan said, drinking his coffee.

"It makes the table fabulous Grunkle Stan so it's staying." She said making her own cereal. He sighed but smiled shaking his head. Stans soulmate had been his twin brother, Ford but Ford had not ever found his soulmate and always said his soulmate was his work. "Anyway, we're almost full adults now!" She smiled at Dipper who smiled back.

"I don't think you will ever be an adult Mabel. You'll be Gravity Falls' Peter Pan." Dipper smiled to himself.

"I can be an adult!" She insisted, "Taxes taxes, taxes," she paused, "what else is adult like?"

"I think my point is proven." Dippers smile grew wider.

"Yeah, well, at least I'm not in denial about my cuteness, I know I'm cute!" Mabel smirked at Dipper as his cheeks went a pink hue.

"Mabel! I'm not, why would you, I'm manly!" He puffed out his chest and put his hands on his hips which made both Mabel and Stan chuckle.

"Kid, the day you're manly is the day I'm a 20 year old woman." Stan chuckled.

"Yeah Dip, you are too adorable!" Dipper went an even darker shade of red as he ate his cereal whilst sulking which Mabel just said was even more adorable to watch, to which Dipper replied to by sticking out his tongue.

"Do you think you'll meet your soulmate this year?" She asked him, she met hers when they were 12, Pacifica. They were platonic at first but overtime became girlfriends. When Mabel first saw colour she screamed and has been obsessed with it ever since. Dipper half expects that when he meets his soulmate, the Mystery Shack will just be painted all the colours of the rainbow, even though he's sure Stan would not stand for that.

"I mean, I'm only 16 Mabes so if I don't I won't be distraught but, well, yeah, who wouldn't." He smiled into his cereal whilst imagining what his soulmate would be like.

"I'm almost positive you will!"

"You've said that every year since we were 12 Mabel." He smiled again.

"Well, this year I'm certain." She nodded.

"Sure, Mabel, sure."

They just about made it to school on time, after running late because Mabel couldn't find her purple sweater.