Chapter 21

Bills POV

Pinetree fell asleep in Bill's arms midway through the next movie. Bill stroked his hair as if scared to break him. His mind was overflowing with thoughts. He was concerned beyond belief.

When the movie finished, he carried Pinetree bridal style up to his room, trying to be as quiet as possible. Once he had placed Pinetree on his bed, he brushed the hair from Pinetrees eyes and lightly kissed his forehead, right where his birthmark was.

He left the room, closing the door behind him and dialled Will on his phone.

"Hey Will."

"Bill! Jesus, don't just go off the grid like that." He could hear Will sigh in relief.

"Sorry Will, but it was important, I didn't want to leave him alone, even for a second." Bill said, the panic finally setting in. He had been the strong shoulder for Pinetree to lean on but he hadn't shown his own fear.

"Wait Bill, who? What's going on?" Will said, concerned again.

"It's Pinetree, he's in danger. Will I'm so scared that I'll loose him." Bill sank to the floor, leaning against the door to Pinetrees room.

"Why is he in danger?" Will asked.

"You know that Gideon kid?"

"The one you wanted to throw off a cliff, yeah what about him?" Will sounded confused.

"Turns out he's insane, he's obsessed with Pinetree." Bill said, his voice barely audible.

"Fuck, is he ok?" Will asked, now concerned for not only his brother but Pinetree.

"Not really." Bill sighed, brushing his hair from his face, "That's why I spent the day with him and why I'm staying over tonight. I can't leave him Will. I don't want to lose him and Gideon, he's a lunatic. The stalking is bad Will, like, creepy shrines and love letters bad."

"Jesus, I don't, shit," Will replied, trying to string together a reply.

"Yeah." Bill replied with a dry chuckle, "It's messed up isn't it?"

"I don't even know how to respond." Bill could hear Will shuffling around in the background. "I do however want to commit a murder."

Bill laughed, "Must be serious if you're willing to commit murder."

"So the police know?"

"Yeah, yeah, Pinetrees family told the police. Actually, do you think you can get the gang to ditch with us tomorrow?" He asked, only just remembering the plan for tomorrow.

"Are you getting Dipper to ditch?" Bill could practically hear Will raise his eyebrow.

"Pinetree and I have time off until Gideon is arrested, it's safer if he's at home I guess, cause his Uncles work from home." Bill explained.

"Ah, makes sense. I don't think it will take much to get them to ditch though." Will chuckled slightly, despite it all.

"Can you not tell them why though? I'm not too sure if Pinetree would appreciate us telling everyone." Bill said, rubbing his neck.

"Yeah yeah, don't worry, I'll just tell them Dipper needs cheering up or something."

"Thanks Will." Bill said, feeling calmer than before.

"He'll be ok Bill. Remember the gremloblin? He can handle himself if he needs to." Will reassured.

"You're right, I just, want to protect him but I don't know how to."