Chapter 19

Dippers POV

After the envelope, the stalking didn't get particularly worse but it did not get better. Dipper would open cupboards or step outside and find polaroids and letters addressed to him. Whenever he found a letter he wouldn't even read it, he would simply rip it to shreds. He was somewhat glad it was only photos and written declarations of love. He could hide those.

His paranoia had been extremely prevalent over the past few days however. Constantly looking over his shoulder or jumping at loud noises. He was always in deep thought over what to do. Dippers anxiousness had spread to Bill and he had noticed the concern on Bill's face whenever he jumped at the loud noises or glanced over his shoulder but he still refused to tell anyone what was going on.

If he told Bill, he was scared that Bill would react violently or even leave Dipper to not have to deal with the situation. He also didn't want to worry him when Bill was already concerned about him. If he told Mabel he knew she would instantly team up with Pacifica and murder Gideon. Whilst he disliked Gideon and wished he was anywhere other than near him, he didn't want him dead.

So he said nothing. He burned, ripped and shredded all the photos and letters and hid away all that was happening.

Saturday was the worst day. He went to walk around the forest and check on the creatures, something he had been avoiding doing for a while. Whilst he was walking, he noticed that the creatures and the animals started to become quieter, as if they'd all been scared away. He was sir it was all fine and that he was over thinking it all, besides he hadn't been in the forest for a while, maybe something had happened to scare them.

However, what he discovered contradicted that. He found a shrine of him. Multiple polaroids and letters stapled to a tree with candles surround the tree. The fire dancing dangerously close to the moss. The polaroids were of him and Bill except that Bill's eyes were crossed out, Dipper circled in hearts. Dipper felt his heart sink and did not hesitate in running straight back to the shack.

When he reached the attic room, he called Bill. He wanted to check that he was ok.

After a few seconds he heard Bill pick up, almost drop his phone and exclaim, "Pinetree!"

"You're ok." He said softly, tears in his eyes.

"I- of course I'm ok Pinetree, is everything ok?" Bill asked, the concern evident in his voice.

"Yeah, it's, it's nothing." Dipper chuckled dryly and changed the conversation, "By the way, did you almost drop your phone?"

"Nooo," Dipper rolled his eyes, even though Bill couldn't see him. "So to what pleasure do I owe this call my dear Pinetree?" He could tell Bill was smirking.

"Actually," He laughed awkwardly, "I was wondering if you're free right now?" He said, he could feel his skin crawl as if thousands of eyes were watching him.

"I always have time for you." He said flirtatiously.

"I don't want to interrupt anything."

"And I said I always have time for you Sapling." Bill insisted, "What is it you want to talk about?"

"I was wondering if you could come to the shack." Dipper said, getting quieter with each word. "I want to," He paused. Did he really want to tell Bill about the stalking? Tell him that he was scared? "I want to tell Mabel but I don't want her to freak out on Monday and attack you so..." He trailed off at the end and felt his face heat up. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't what he had called up to asked for.

"You're adorable Pinetree." Bill chuckled and Dipper heard some rustling noises on Bill's end.

"I mean, you don't have to!" He started to ramble, "If you don't want to tell her or if you don't want to be there then of course you don't have to,"