Chapter 23

Trigger warning, mentions violence please do stay safe when reading (:

Dippers POV

His heart was pounding so fast, he could hear it in his head and he was sure it was about to explode out of his chest. It was as if he could feel the blood moving through his veins but he tried to steady his breath.

He needed a plan.

He glanced into the depths of the forest and saw floating lights. After realising they were faeries, he quickly glanced at Gideon, noticed that he wasn't looking and gestured to the faeries to come closer.

"Can you speak latin?" He asked, causing Gideon to stop.

"Odd question darlin' but no." He said with a smirk, but one that made Dipper feel sick. He wrapped his arm around Dippers waist and pulled him closer, as if trying to make sure he wouldn't run.

"That's too bad, the fae language is close to latin." Inside he was screaming to get away from Gideon. 'Remember, you're doing this to protect Bill.'

"We should get goin' sugar." It wasn't said maliciously, however it was clear Gideon did not trust the faeries.

"I'll only be a moment." Dipper smiled and tried to look as innocent as he could.

"No," He grabbed Dippers arm, tightly and pulled, "We're leavin', now."

"Please, they're my friends, I only want to talk." He pleaded. Feeling as though he was running out of options, he kissed Gideon on the cheek.

As soon as Gideon went red he knew he had a chance. "Fine, fine, but I'm only givin' y'all a few minutes." Dipper internally did a victory dance and went to the faeries.

"Hello, I'm sorry to bother you but could I ask a favour?"

Detective's POV

"I'm sorry sir but I cannot allow you to join us, we now know he has a weapon." She was trying to reassure a young teenager that his friend would be ok. He seemed to be even more distressed than the Pines family, at least, more vocal about his distress.

"I don't fucking care!" He shouted, pulling at his hair as he paced outside the mystery shack, "I need to go."

"I'm sorry sir but you can't!" She explained again.

"He's my soulmate!" He screamed, breathing heavily, "I need to go, please." He fell to his knees as Dippers sister went to his side to comfort him.

She went to speak but her partner interrupted him, "I understand, I really do but, if you want to ensure his safety, you need to stay here."

"I don't want to lose him." Her heart ached for him as his voice wavered.

"You won't lose your soulmate, I wouldn't want to lose mine and we will bring him back in one piece but," He sighed and placed a hand on the kids shoulder, "We can't focus on saving him if we have to protect you."

They nodded and her partner stood up to go and speak to the younger Pines twins guardians again. He placed a hand on her shoulder before he left however.

"Sometimes, you have awful people skills." He sighed with a smile and she smirked.

"I never said I was a people person. You never said you had a soulmate." She replied, raising an eyebrow.

"You never asked." He shrugged, walking away.

She diverted her attention back to Dippers soulmate. "I know this might be hard but I need to just check some things with you."