Chapter 17

Bill's POV

A week had past since the bet and Bill had never felt so happy in the presence of another person. He couldn't explain it. He would get lost in thought, thinking of Pinetree and the time they spent together. Pyronica would always make fun of him if she caught him staring off into space with a smirk.

However, he still felt guilty from time to time about his soulmate. Will told him that what happens, happens, which suprised Bill when he told Will about his crush on Pinetree. Bill knew that both Will and Pyronica were right but he would find it easier if he met his soulmate.

Sighing at his collection of thoughts he walked to his locker. It had been too cold to stand outside to wait for Pinetree today and he was earlier than normal too.

'Should I tell Pinetree how I feel?' He thought. The very idea made his insides feel like TV static but he knew it would be better to discuss it at least.

Just before he opened his locker, he saw someone in the corner of his eye, swinging their fist towards his face. 'Shit.' He thought as he dodged it, stepping away from the lockers.

"Wow there kid. No need to punch me just because I'm more handsome than you." He said with a smirk, trying to keep a calm demeanour, even though his insides were screaming, 'FUCK!'

His attacker had no reaction, which was unusual. Normally, if he had pissed someone off, a comment like that would make them angrier.

He swung at Bill again who dodged it easily and sighed. "Look, I can do this all day, or you can tell me why you want to punch me." Again, no reaction, no answer, just another swing. Bill was starting to get frustrated.

"For fucks sake. You are beginning to annoy me," He sighed and rubbed his forehead, "Why do you want to fight me?"

"Just fight me alright." They replied and Bill smirked.

"No can do. I'm a pacifist you see."

"That's not true." They went for a swing at Bill's face but shoved him into the lockers instead, catching Bill by suprise.

"Oh, wow I'm impressed," He gave a nod, "But you are really, really," He leaned in and grabbed the other guys shirt, dropping his voice, "Really, pissing me off."

Bill decided against fighting, not wanting to disappoint all those he promised that he wouldn't fight and let go of the guys shirt.

"You scared?" They mocked.

"I'm not in the mood." Bill said flatly.

"Well I am." They went for another punch but Bill ducked out of the way and grabbed their shirt once more.

"I said, leave m-"

"Bill?" A voice interjected. It was Pinetree.

"Pinetree?" He said dropping his attackers shirt to see a confused and concerned Pinetree.

"What's going on?" He asked as he walked towards Bill.

"I, well, you see." Bill stumbled over his response, scared to upset Pinetree.

"He started a fight with me out of the blue." The other guy said. Bill's face hardened.

"Oh I did what now?" His voice was enough to make mountains tremble.

"I'm sorry, what now?" Pinetree asks, glaring at the guy.

"Pinetree, I can promise you, I didn't-" Pinetree walked in between the guy and Bill and faced Bill, placing a hand on his cheek and giving him a smile that always melted his heart.