Chapter 11

I was bored out of my mind.

I looked around the party scene. Yes. Another party.

It had been four weeks and three days. Tim and I were okay.

That was what I felt. Okay.

We held hands, we talked with uncomfortable silences in between, we ate greasy dinners and texted every day.

I was okay with all that except these party scenes.

Tim was a party animal. He hosted around six parties in four weeks excluding the one where we met. I turned him down every single time to be a co-host.

This was one of the reason why I refused to move out of the dorms. I needed my study time.

I told mama about us.

I wanted to be excited. I was when I called her that morning but as the conversation started, I did not feel as happy as I hoped I would be.

Someone was interested in me. I told mom that much. She on the other hand demanded details and I told her it was fun.

I sent her a couple of photos of our dates and she called him cute. She did not talk or ask about him further.

Someone else did. He must have talked to mom.

Who is interested in you?

Did he ask you to be his boyfriend?

What did you say?

It would not kill you to send me a reply, Ace!

Then calls kept on coming. 16 missed calls and 54 messages later I switched off my phone and accepted Tim's invitation.

So here I was.

There was a time when Robbie and I slept after a marathon of texts. We would talk and talk when together and text when we retired to our beds. Now, I ignored him. That was the right thing to do. After all, he was in honeymoon phase. Mom told me. I changed subject and she forgot to bring up the topic again.

I could imagin him being lovely with his beautiful wife. He would call her pretty and then he would make lo...

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Irrelevant topic!

"Hi I am Jason. Tim's friend. Business major." A handsome guy introduced himself. He looked like a gym rat. His grip was firm but gentle for those bunching muscles.

"Hello, I am Dave." He nodded as if he had figured it out himself.

"Not your scene, huh?" He smiled.

"It is. Just not in mood. I have early classes tomorrow." I wanted to sleep. What time could I leave? Tim disappeared after kissing me at the door. The beer he had given me was still in my hands. I was tired.

Jason was keeping me company but he was waiting for an opening to ask me something, I could tell. When the conversation drifted to classes and projects he saw the opportunity to finally spit it out.

"I heard you have a programme developed. Are you willing to sell it?"

"I am." It was not strictly a secret. Some of the alumni members were interested. My professor might have boasted about the project.

"How much are they willing?"

"Around 75. With these markets and emerging software companies, it is a good catch."

Jason smirked.

"Give it to me."

"Sure. I do not care about the buyer. How much?"

"I do not have any money. I am a broke college student."

I snorted. "You want it for free?"

"Gods, no. I can make you 150 but give 25 to me. Think about it. I have some dope connections."

"Why? Why are you doing this?" The alumni guys were doing it for college and exposure. What did he gain?

"I thought it was obvious!"

"What? The goodness of your heart?"

"If we stick around to know each other, you would know, there is nothing good in my heart. It is about money. I make 25 K for something I did not lose my sleep for. Pretty good huh?"

I did not expect him to be this blunt. Made sense. Why else would he do it?

"Fine, you have 3 weeks. Then I am supposed to give my professor a final answer. My attorney will call you."

"You have an attorney? Damn bro."

"Yes, I have."

"That makes this so much easier. Give me a month though. Some dates need to match."

My eyebrows rose. Most people were intimidated when they knew I had back up plans and lawyers.

"Fine then. 15th of next month."

He nodded and gulped down his drink.

At least I felt excitement pass through me. Something to look forward to.